Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Summer Must-Haves: Just In Time for Mothers Day

All this gloomy weather has me longing for summer, and with Mother's Day right around the corner, I've been dreaming up some gift ideas for the hubs. I have lots of extravagant things in mind (ones I won't even mention on here because Mr. Go-Big-Or-Go-Home will buy them and I don't need them).

Now, nothing on this list is a "need" either, but they are much more practical. So here is my first summer must-have:

Cute Dresses


I absolutely LOATHE shorts. I have never found a pair I feel comfortable in, but I can't wear jean capris in 90 degree weather. So dresses have become my solution. I found this adorable shift dress at Lands End Canvas and I LOVE it. I think I need it in every color :-)

A New "Mommy" Swimsuit


My bikini days are gone my friends. G.O.N.E. No matter how much I ran and worked out last year, I still couldn't say goodbye to that little post-baby tummy chub so unless that magically disappears in the near future, it's Tankinis for this mama! I found this adorable set at Jcrew and now that it is in their sale section with an additional 30% off...I may just have to buy myself a mother's day gift. After all, having a swimsuit you feel comfortable in is a NEED for summer :-)

New Skincare Products


I am just a total sucker for new products. Shampoos, lotions, creams, you name it. But one thing I have been searching long and hard for is an oil-free sunscreen that lets you get a little tan. I found this Oil-Free Lotion Spray by Clarins and I may just have to give it a try! It has great reviews. Does anyone currently use a suncreen that they love? Anyone have a sunless tanner they can't live without? I can add them to my ongoing product list. Ha! And speaking of products...

New Make-Up


What is it about new make-up that just makes you feel pretty again? Even if it is just one new item in your routine, it always makes me feel fresh. I have been eyeing up this Dandelion Brightening Face Powder by Benefit for some time and I think I may have to give the hubs a little nudge on this one :-) Do you ladies have any other make-up must haves I should add to the list?

A Book Reader


It seems just about everyone I know has some sort of book reader, but if you don't...ladies...ASK FOR ONE! It may be one of the best Mother's Day gifts ever. I love, love, LOVE my Nook (even though I wish I would have waited to get the Nook Color) and I know my SILs, Mom and hubby love their iPads so that is a great option too. You won't regret getting one...they are the best, especially for summer reading.

I could really go on and on with great summer and Mother's Day gift ideas, but I will save some for another list. In fact, I have an entire post coming up that is dedicated to great, reuseable green mommy finds. And speaking of reusables...look who made the Reuseit.com Newsletter this month!!!!!



We're famous :-)

5 comments:

  1. You’re famous!, can I have your autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wear shorts. Yuck not for me either. Dresses and skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that swimsuit looks familiar.....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. the swimsuit, i love! the reader, i want!! I love shorts but nothing makes me feel more summery than a cute shift dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that dress from Lands End. LOVE it. It's amazing!

    And what excuse do I use for my chub tum? :P No babies have come from me, yet I feel like I had a post-baby chub. :P

    ReplyDelete