Friday, April 22, 2011

Two EGGstra Special Playdates

With Easter only a few days away, Dana and I thought we should get the kids together to dye some Easter eggs! The girls were pretty excited about it...


(Sorry these pics are terrible...I only had my iPhone)

Easter egg dye is pretty much the worst thing you can let kids play with. We tried to be veeeeery careful...


But we still got dye all over our hands. I think Dana is still scrubbing pink off her fingers. Haha!

Luckily, the girls stayed pretty clean, until we let them decorate :-) But it was all in the name of fun and I think the girls definitely enjoyed themselves...


After the eggs were done, we headed outside to break in Nia and Nolan's new swingset. It's the same one we are getting so it was nice to see how Addie liked it. I can see she will be spending LOTS of time on the swings :-)


The boys weren't really interested in the swingset though. They were busy looking for trouble...


They look guilty already don't they?


Yesterday's EGGstra fun playdate left my kids completely worn out. They took great naps and FINALLY had a good nights sleep. This made them nice and rested for ANOTHER playdate today!! My cousin Kris had off school for the holiday so she packed up her troop and headed over for some pizza and Easter cupcakes. Evie and Presley claimed their favorite spot...


And Blake sat happily in his highchair. He ate his Easter cupcake in about 3.5 seconds. It didn't even all make it into his mouth :-)


But Addie and Gracie took their time. They waited all morning for that cupcake so they wanted to enjoy...



The topic of discussion at both playdates was "The Easter Bunny" and all the goodies he is bringing for the kids. It seems the bunny has gone a little overboard this year, but we are all equally excited to see the kids faces on Sunday. It's going to be a fun holiday with lots to celebrate and be thankful for. And even though I have tried telling Addie the story of Easter, she still thinks Jesus is just a baby and will be traveling around with the Easter bunny in a baby carrier. I guess we will have to go over that story a few more times :-)

I hope everyone has an EGGstra special Easter!!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, just about the cutest pictures I have ever seen. We had a laid back Easter, no kids. I miss them, and seeing your pictures really, really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete