Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Be So Grateful...

I was just on Weather.com looking up the forecast for memorial weekend. I am busy planning trips to the zoo and cookouts. I see sunshine all three days and I think "Ahh...we are in for a beautiful weekend".

And then just as I am ready to leave the site, I see a link for the before/after shots of Joplin, Missouri. They have panoramic views of the beautiful hospital before the storm and heartbreaking views after the storm. You can see for yourself here.

It scares me to death to think that one storm can do all that. And these things just keep popping up all over the country with no warning. So friends...as we plan our Memorial weekends...let's keep all these people in our thoughts and prayers. And most of all, be grateful for every moment you have.

1 comment:

  1. I am with ya. I feel for them. We had really nasty weather last night and it put everything into perspective. I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to us here. I'd be lost.

    ReplyDelete