Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend Recap

Despite all the rainy and stormy weather we've had the past few days, our Memorial weekend turned out to be pretty fantastic!

We pretty much stayed in where it was dry on Saturday, but on Sunday morning we made a trip down south to meet up with my BFF Tara and her family. We have been planning this zoo trip for months so even though there was a chance for rain on Sunday, we weren't going to cancel. Especially since I haven't seen these sweet peanuts since they were newborns!!!!


And now look how big they are at almost 7 months! I can't believe it. Little Brynn (a.k.a. Brynnie Boo) was my girlfriend that day. I held her for half of the zoo trip because she was so relaxed in my arms. What a sweetie pie :-)


But before we actually saw any animals, the kids all spotted the playground just outside the zoo. Addie NEVER lets a slide opportunity go by...


And neither does her boyfriend Connor...


Or her Daddy...


But if there is one thing that Addie loves more than slides...it's her Connor :-)


I mean seriously...it doesn't get much cuter than this.


Well...except for maybe this. Watching the two of them love all over Brynn and Cora was pretty sweet.


But after all the loving, the kids wanted to see some animals. So we fed some "gooses" first.


And then we went in for some barnyard fun. Addie wasn't really into petting the animals at first...


But as soon as Daddy showed her how easy it was...


She was all over them :-)


After the petting zoo, we were just in time for the Sea Lion show. He pretty much just swam around his little pool...


But Addie made sure to get a good view.


And so did Blakey Boy.


The zoo we went to was pretty small in comparison to the HUGE zoo we are members of, but I thought it was perfect for kids this age! All the animals were out in plain sight and it wasn't too overwhelming for them. We were able to see everything and spend plenty of time playing around. The kids were all about this tiger...


Good thing they didn't want to sit on the real thing. YIKES!


And really...what zoo trip is complete without at least 3 rides on the carousel?


Connor had a blast on this one.


Couldn't you just eat him up?


Before we left, Tara and I decided to attempt a family picture. As you can see...the kids were NOT digging this idea...



We blame it on hunger because really...the kids were all FANTASTIC at the zoo. We couldn't have asked for a better trip. And because they were good, we decided to treat them to Culvers afterward.


But poor Blake was too pooped to eat. This little man was passed out in her carseat about 10 minutes after taking this picture.


I am really so glad we all chanced the weather and made our zoo trip happen because it was a wonderful time! I think it may be our new meet-up spot :-) On the way home, we did hit some pretty nasty storms. I was tempted to take a picture of the sky, but I was too busy begging Eric to pull off the road and he was too busy telling me to calm down because it was "just a little rain". Men :-) At least we made it home safely!

I'm happy we had some down time last night because our weekend fun didn't stop with the zoo. Today, we headed over to my parent's house to open the pool and enjoy a little Memorial Day cook-out!!

Aunt Meagan...


And Uncle Ryan were there.


And like usual, they came baring gifts. They got Addie and Blake (although Addie would argue that it was just for her) this adorable little swimming Nemo pool toy. Addie had fun chasing it around the pool until the evil pool filter sucked him up! Don't worry...Nemo is resting safely in Addie's bed tonight :-)


Great Grandma and Aunt Kathy were there too...


And of course Nana and Papa. My kids were both little leeches on these two today!


Blake was having a great time splashing around.


And this little chic couldn't get enough of the water.


She has become such a good little swimmer. It makes me feel so much more comfortable with her in the pool.


Well...until Daddy starts tossing her around.


Blake swam his little heart out today too, but he was a little more interested in eating.


He did take a break to pose with Daddy.


But then it was back to eating.


And of course, no Mueller picnic would be complete without cupcakes.



I think you all know what this means...Sugar Detox tomorrow!!!

It really was a fantastic weekend for everyone and I am happy we could celebrate a holiday that is so important to our country. To all the men and women who fight for us everyday and for those who have lost their lives in the process...thank you for EVERYTHING you do. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. We had so much fun on Sunday! Connor is still talking about "my girlfriend Addie".
    Love that last picture of Blakey Boy from today with the frosting on his face. He's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally jealous! The only semi fun thing we did this wkend was have a fam dinner & to go the movies & grab a drink w/BIL/SIL for her bday. We saw Hangover 2 (I fell asleep only once!) and paint our bedroom, finally! I just felt off, needed a ton of sleep & well like usual, had to work!

    Ugh for sugar detox! MIL did make her famous creme brulee for dessert on Sunday... yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you lately how much I love reading your blog? Because I do. In some way your family reminds me so much of mine, growing up! Especially that little Addie, I was just like her ;)

    I am so jealous you went to Culvers! One of my favorites, but Kansas doesn't have any :(

    Glad you had a wonderful memorial day weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Move over Michael Jordan! Addie got some serious air with Daddy!

    Looks like you had a great weekend! Tara's little ones have grown so much! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete