Friday, May 6, 2011

Someone's Momma Made a Hole in One Yesterday!!

My Mom has been on a golf league with my Grandma for a couple of years now, and in that time she has become quite an impressive golfer. She has been begging to teach me for years and I might just have to take her up on that this year. You know, especially since she is a CELEBRITY golfer now!!

Okay...she may only be a celebrity at the Inwood Golf Course, but still. She accomplished something yesterday that ALL golfers aspire to accomplish. She hit a HOLE IN ONE!!!!


It's really kind of funny because the day before, she told me she wasn't even going to golf this week because she hurt her back and didn't want to golf in 40 degree weather. But she decided to go anyway because she figured if a bunch of 80 year old ladies can suck it up and go, she can too. And then she freaking hit a hole in one!!!!

I am just so proud of her for accomplishing such an amazing goal. This just made her Mother's Day :-) She will get to be in the local newspaper and receive a little plaque and trophy. She is so excited and so are we!

Great job Tiger Momma! When do my lessons start?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, shucks, it was nothing! Really! Unless you are a golfer and know that this is the biggest friggin deal in the world! Ha! And I'm happier for a couple reasons. 1) I had my entire foursome witness it and 2) it was the most beautiful shot I could have ever asked for. It didn't hit a tree, bounce off a rake and roll into the hole. It just arched beautifully, dropped above the pin and gently rolled in! Score!!!! I STILL can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom got a hole in one with my brother! He got her this awesome trophy that held the ball she shot. Congrats to momma!

    ReplyDelete