Wednesday, June 1, 2011

3 Years & 1,000 Posts Later...

Today is my 3 Year Bloggerversary and my 1,000th post! Can you believe it??!! I honestly don't know where the last three years have gone.

When I started this blog (for the second time) in June 2008, I was a brand new Mommy. The first picture of Addie to debut on my blog was this one...


It was the first time she sat in her jumperoo and it was a big milestone for us. I don't know how my sweet and sassy little 3-year-old was this little...it seems so long ago! And I guess to some extent it was. A LOT has happened in the last 3 years.

For starters, I quit my dream job. I left some of my dearest friends behind to take on the role I was destined to play. They understood my decision and gave me one of the sweetest send-offs I think anyone has ever received.


As much as I STILL miss my work buddies (and our coffee breaks at Starbucks), this was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was everything I never knew I always wanted. Go figure!


The next 10 months of posts were filled with hilarious baby-brain moments, teething woes, sleepless nights, breastfeeding banter, first holidays and countless milestones for Addie. All of you basically watched me stumble my way through that first year of Motherhood and I can't tell you how incredibly special it is to be able to read back through those posts and comments.

And then when Addie reached her first birthday...


And my sweet little Godson Nolan was born...


You all knew it wouldn't be long before baby fever took over. And it wasn't long. I found out I was pregnant the following month...and you were all there for that too.


I didn't get to share my pregnancy with Addie online, so this was a new experience. Getting to share baby bump pictures and cravings was special enough, but getting to share Blake's arrival was the most special post of all!


I got so many hits on my blog that day it almost made me cry in the hospital. Okay...it DID make me cry. I was just so overwhelmed to have that many people sharing in this moment with me and wishing us well. People I didn't know praying for me and Blake. It was very humbling. And to have that day and those posts to look back on for years to come is priceless.

The months that followed were very different from Addie's first year. My posts still revolved around sleepless nights, teething woes, etc. but now I was trying to juggle TWO little peanuts. I was learning how to take care of a newborn and an active toddler at the same time! Some days run like clockwork...and others not so much. But I suppose that is going to be life from now on...or at least until these two move out. Ha!


But my Mommy Resume is really filling up and I feel proud of my accomplishments. I'm proud of the 3 1/2 years of sleep I have given up, the 2 years of breastfeeding I have logged and the 18 months I have survived being a mommy of 2. You have all been there for my brightest Mommy moments, and my most embarrassing Mommy failures. You let me express my frustrations without judgment, and you offer me encouragement when I need it most. I have always been able to be myself on this blog and the fact that you all stick around and take the time to comment means more to me than I can ever express. So in case I haven't said it enough...Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

And I do hope you all stick around for the year to come because we have a lot to look forward to. My nephew Owen will be here in a few short weeks and you never know what other baby announcements might await us this year (don't get any ideas :-). Addie will start Preschool this fall which will be HUGE and Blake and I will finally get a few hours of alone time to do new things together. I think he is very excited about that :-)

I also plan to keep running and cross a few more finish lines...


We will also hopefully become the owners of a SWEET new camper, which will no doubt provide some great blogging material. We also hope to travel a few times to see close friends and of course, we have DISNEY!!!!! And don't forget these monkeys. They're regulars on this blog and they will continue to be because let's be honest...they're adorable :-)


But above all else, I hope this is a happy, healthy year filled with wonderful memories. And through it all...I hope you guys are there to share it with me :-)

Happy Bloggerversary to me! Cheers!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Three years already! You MUST get your blog printed for you! Big chunk of change but so worth it! What a memory. My blog is in my brain and its getting smaller every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bloggerversary! Hopefully the next three years bring all sorts of fun and exciting stuff as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen- I am so glad that you blog regularly. I am not nearly as dedicated as you've been, but I am really a dedicated reader of your blog. I always find time to check in at least once every few days, and I am always so entertained, and touched by your honesty. I really wish we lived closer so we could hang out,drink some wine, and watch the kiddos play. Reading your blog is the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! 3 years & 1,000 posts! That is insanely awesome! I love reading your stories and always smile when a new post from you pops up in my reader! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bloggerversary!!! I love your blog! I remember reading it when I was pregnant with Isaac thinking that it was so nice to hear from a friend who was in the same stage of the game I was. I hope that we are able to get together in real life soon! Take care dear friend and KEEP WRITING!

    ReplyDelete