Thursday, June 16, 2011

Instagram & iPhone Love

I know it probably sounds kind of sad to say that my life wouldn't be the same without my iPhone...but it's true. This little piece of technology has become my calendar, my address book, my lifeline to the outside world, my news center, my book reader (when I don't have my nook), my toddler entertainment center and so much more. I use to be so good about carrying my camera everywhere I went but lately I've just been relying on my phone for pics and videos because it is so much more convenient.

So when my BF Mandy started posting all these adorable pictures with this app called Instagram, I had to download it to my phone. And the best part...it's FREE!! And it works like a networking site so that you can follow friends and see all their picture updates. I know it's fun checking my news feed and seeing pics of Mandy and the boys.

And if you are like me and take TONS of random iPhone pics each day, it's nice to have a way to edit them and make them a little more fun. Here are just a few of the cute ones I have snapped the last few days.

Here's Addie and I sitting in her tree house...


And Blakey Boy sitting on his swing...


And pointing to airplanes...


And cuddling with Nana...


And here are my girls in all their ballerina glory...


The other great thing about this app is that you can edit all your pictures, not just the ones you take with Instagram. My brother and sister-in-law just sent me this adorable picture of Owen and I had to upload it to Instagram to play with the filters.



I could honestly play with this app all day. It is been a lot of fun so I just had to share in case you are an iphone photographer like I am :-)

Well I'm sorry my posts have been a little scarce this week! We have just been busy and trying to catch up from last weekend. But then today I realized that THIS weekend is already upon us and we have Father's Day to get ready for!! I think my side of the family is going to postpone our Father's Day festivities in order to let Baby Owen settle in a little more at home. For those of you wondering, Owen is doing fantastic! Healthy as can be! Mommy is doing better...but still dealing with a few minor health issues so if you could, please keep Meagan in your prayers. I can't imagine feeling sick AND trying to take care of a newborn. Good thing Daddy Ryan is such a hands-on kind of guy :-)

Well that's all for today friends! We have a lot of fun things planned this weekend with Eric and his family so I just pray the weather cooperates. Stay tuned...lots of fun Father's Day posts to come!

4 comments:

  1. Also super fun are hipstamatic and camera + apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion - Can't wait to give it a try.

    Owen is just adorable - hope his mommy is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures! I'm obsessed with Addie & her ballerina friends! Congrats on baby Owen! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen, I just downloaded the app and am having lots of fun with it!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete