Thursday, June 9, 2011

LOTS of Excitement Around Here

There are so many wonderful things I have to celebrate right now, I thought I would dedicate one big post to all the exciting news and answered prayers that have been taking place in our family lately.

For starters, in just the past 6 months, my dad had eye surgery, my father-in-law Steve had sinus surgery, my mother-in-law had breast surgery, Howie had knee AND bladder surgery, and my Aunt Kathy just had hip surgery. Every single one of these special people (and one special animal) are recovering wonderfully from their surgeries and that is DEFINITELY something to celebrate. Also, while my mom did not join the "surgery club", she did have a breast lump that needed to be checked out and she was once again sent home with a clean bill of health. Thank you God for the answered prayers.

And then there are all the babies. There have been a lot of pregnant bellies around me lately and one by one, my bloggy friends and real-life friends are introducing them to the world. But so far...I hadn't had any new family members to introduce. Well, that all changes today because I would like to congratulate my cousin Scott and his wife Liz on the birth of their BEAUTIFUL baby girl...

Natalie Sophia


And in other baby news, I would like to give you a little update on my nephew Owen!! When I posted about my SIL Meagan's baby showers, I shared a little about her excessive swelling. The good news is that Meagan's swelling has gone down a ton but the not-so-good news is that because of that and a few other factors, she has been put on bedrest for the duration of her pregnancy. Her due date is early July but it looks like little Owen may be with us much sooner!! He is at a very healthy weight, should Meagan need to have him early, but we are all hoping and praying that he cooks in there just a little longer. We have been trying to spoil Meagan all we can and make her bedrest as easy as possible. I know my brother Ryan has been putting in some overtime and will continue to do so for...well...forever. Ha! So if you all have a moment, a few extra prayers for Meagan and baby Owen would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep you all posted!

I would also like to congratulate my dear friend Marie. She is graduating with the first of TWO Masters Degrees this weekend and I am so very proud of her. She is such a hard worker, which is why I am so glad she is making time for two vacations this summer...Disney and Vegas. AWESOME!!!

And finally, I would just like to congratulate my little Addie (and my niece Nia and all the other little ballerinas) for completing their first year of ballet class! Miss Shelly gave them all certificates this week and even though it wasn't a big deal for some, it was a HUGE deal to me. Addie has grown so much since she started this class back in September. I can't believe it has already been 9 months! Their recital is this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!



Okay...that's all the excitement I have for today friends! Stay tuned for tons of recital pics :-)

3 comments:

  1. All good news! Natalie really is a pretty baby, isn't she?!

    I just know Meg and Owen will be great regardless of his grand entrance. Just one of those things that I feel good about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray to mom and dad to look over Meg and Owen. I feel things will work out. I am soooo proud of Addie. wish I could be there to see her this weekend. Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's your lucky day Pops!!! I have a recital ticket with your name on it. Thought you knew that. Whoops! Guess Mom and I dropped the ball on that one :-) So dry your tears because you WILL get to see your little peanut dance this weekend. Woohoo! Love you!

    ReplyDelete