Monday, June 20, 2011

The Pioneer Woman Knows My Name!!

If you live in the blogging world, it's likely that you have come across the Pioneer Woman's blog a time or two. My SIL Diana was the first person to show me her blog and I LOVE IT! Ree is hilarious and I love how she "teaches" me to cook with each recipe.

As it turns out, I am not the only fan of the Pioneer Woman in my circle of friends. My BF Chelsi actually waited in line to meet PW when she was releasing her cookbook...


And wouldn't you know...that sweetie got me my very own SIGNED COPY!!!!


So yeah...the Pioneer Woman knows my name. Just my first name but still...she knows it. I feel special :-)

So anyway, every time I talk to Chelsi about food, she asks me if I have tried any of PW's dessert recipes and this weekend I can FINALLY say I have!!!!

For Father's Day, I wanted to make Eric a special dessert. He LOVES berries (especially blueberries) so I decided to make Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler...


It was DELICIOUS!!!!! Eric and I ate about half the dish ourselves. With vanilla bean icecream of course :-) It was so good in fact, I made it last night when we had my FIL over. I made it with blueberries the second time and it was even better than the blackberries in my opinion. Less tart. And the recipe and ingredients are SO simple!!! In fact, aside from the self-rising flour, you may already have everything in your pantry. So if you are jonesing for a berry dessert...you must try this recipe.

Thanks again for my special cookbook Chelsi!!! I already have 6 other recipes to try when I feel like being a fatty (they all have at least 2 sticks of butter in them. Ha!).

Now if you will all excuse me, I have some leftover cobbler to finish before the kids wake up :-)

4 comments:

  1. Don't be surprised if that one disappears from you bookshelf someday! I will change my name to protect my thievery even...call me Jen. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cobbler is relish. So is her lasagna. And her Marlboro Man's favorite sandwich. And her potato leek pizza and... You get the idea. I've tried a lot of her recipes and about 95% are amaze balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh i love the PW!!! I've got my family hooked on her too. I make her stuff all the time. The lasagna is a HUGE hit in this house along with the meatball sandwiches and chicken strips. You can't go wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you tried it! The only thing I've made of hers that we didn't like was the Chicken Spaghetti, but I've seen lots of bloggers that rave about it? So who knows. The thing I like about the cookbook/blog is the step by step directions with pics. It's nice to know what it's supposed to look like, etc. She is hilarious, imo and I can't wait for her cooking show!

    My favorite recipe is the sour cream pancakes... try em! An DON'T over mix them! They're so light & fluffy. Yum!

    Sos glad I got you this but I'm sad I didn't know Di enough at that point to think of her too... sorry, Di! But honestly, you could write your own Apple Pie Gal Cooks book & go on tour! All the housewives are doing it these days! Ha! Ok, I hope you get my Bravo joke... if not, jokes on me! ;o)

    Love you ladies Cook on, sistas!

    ReplyDelete