Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Camp Success

A while ago, I posted about how I was enrolling Addie in a Preschool-Like summer camp to help with her separation anxiety. I just wanted her to have some "practice" before real preschool starts this fall.

This week was the first week of summer camp and I am happy to report that this little chic...


Did FANTASTIC!!! I mean really...does she even look like a girl who is scared to leave her mommy?

The class is two days a week and runs for 2 hours...pretty much the same as preschool. They do arts and crafts, story time, playground time, etc. and she LOVES it!! Words can't express how relieved I am to see her excitement when I pick her up from class. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can only hope she loves her preschool as much as this class :-)

Now, while Addie is in class, Blakey boy and I get to spend some much-needed quality time together. Him and I rarely get to do anything just the two of us so it's nice to have this time with him. This week we went to the park, took a nice long walk, went grocery shopping and stopped for an ice-cream cone. You see...I really needed to keep him awake while we went to pick Addie up and I thought eating a snack would do the trick.


Not so much.

Hey...when you're tired...you're tired :-) I am just glad we got our mommy/son time this week.

It's hard to believe tomorrow is already Friday. We have SO MANY fun things planned this holiday weekend and it all starts with a birthday party at the children's museum tomorrow :-) It's suppose to about 150 degrees out so I'm glad we have some indoor fun to look forward too!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of our little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture of Beekers asleep with an ice cream cone! Who would have seen that one coming? :)

    So glad our little Addison is going to adjust just fine! Soon enough she will be waving and running in at the same time! And you will be the one needing comfort. They grow up too darn fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my peanut already. she is soooo big. P.S. I see the bandaids again.

    ReplyDelete