I apologize, once again, for being a bit of a blogger slacker this week. We've been busy, which seems to be pretty typical these days.
* For one thing, we've actually had two whole sunny days in a row this week so the kids have been living in their kiddie pool. It's been nice because my kids seem to do SO MUCH better when they are outside. They get bored and whiny pretty quickly in the house, even with an awesome playroom, but if you give these kids sunshine, water and brooms...apparently...they are happy little campers.
* We've also been pretty lucky to have lots of fun playdates this week. Mima Patti was off work on Monday and treated all the kids (and adults) to some frozen yogurt at our new TCBY. The kids really enjoyed it...especially my little sweet hound Blake :)
We also had a big playdate at my cousin-in-law Katie's house today. I haven't seen my friend Tricia and her kids in a LONG time so it was good to catch up with everyone. It was kind of windy and gloomy today, but the kids didn't mind as long as they could play in the sand table. Best invention ever.
* As you can see, our days have been pretty packed with activities, which means that I am totally DRAINED by the evening. I can't even bring myself to turn on the computer some nights because I know I will get sucked into the black hole that is Pinterest. Seriously...I can't get enough of surfing the internet and looking through people's boards. I have like a million birthday party ideas now and a bunch of DIY home projects I want to start. Seriously...this website is so fun. But beware...it will suck you in and before you know it, you'll have wasted 2 hours of your life :-)
* And speaking of Pinterest, while surfing around I have come across so many cute blog designs that I've decided mine needs a little face lift. Again. I get bored easily. But because I create my own, it is pretty time consuming and I can't make decisions fast enough. But just know that I am looking to do a TOTAL revamp and hopefully it will be worth the time.
* Ah...time. There's never enough is there? And just when you think you have a night with some free time to catch up, something unexpected comes up. You know...like last night when I went to the basement to discover that our freezer door had been left open and ALL of our meat was defrosted!!!!!!! Still cold...but defrosted. All 160 pounds of it. We bought a 1/3 of a cow a few months ago and there was still quite a bit of meat left. And of course, we couldn't let it go to waste so last night, my mom helped me cook 38 pounds of ground beef and we froze it into one pound bags. I also made up some sloppy joe mix and froze it, some stew meat and froze it, and some round steak (which we seasoned and cut into strips for fajitas, tacos, etc.) and froze it. The down side is that we literally have to eat steak for the next 4 nights, but the up side is that I have about 5 months worth of meals stored up and ready to go. I just hope I can stand the sight of beef after all that cooking last night. BLAH!!!
So that's what we've been up to around here! Is everyone else's summer as busy as ours? It's funny because you think once summer comes you will have all this down time, but then it gets here and your plans triple! Oh well...at least we are having fun. Now if all this rain would just go away...we could get back outside :-)