Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Too Hot For Swimsuits

I've decided that I am not going to complain about the 102 degree day we had because after the longest winter in history, we were begging for sun. And now we got it. I could use a few more 80 degree days but hey...at least it gave us a reason to break out the kids new pool today.


This little chic wasn't even phased by the ice cold hose water.


And neither was this little dude.


But after a few minutes, they both hopped out and ran for the swingset.


I think they were a little cold at first so they ran around to warm up.


But with the hot sun beating down, it wasn't long before they were back in the pool.


Blake must have went down this hippo slide a hundred times today.


What a cutie.


I guess all the squeals of excitement traveled to the next neighborhood because Aunt Dana, Nia and Nolan showed up looking for the fun!


And so did my neighbor Sue and her grandson Ryan. Here are the kiddies playing a little softball.


Before lunch, we thought it was a good idea to let all the kids dry off a bit. The girls were easy because they don't wear diapers but the boys were carrying half the pool around in their pants. So we decided to strip them down and change them on the patio. While we got their clothes ready, they took off for the playhouse and had a little "man meeting". This is what we found. HILARIOUS!!!


Of course, because all the boys were nakey, the girls thought they needed to be nakey too. Whatevs...


Before coming in, Blake wanted to take one last skinny dip in the pool. I've never seen a man so fascinated by his dingy...


Oh wait...yes I have. HA!

It's days like today that really make me love summer. The kids are in such a happier mood outside and the sunshine always makes for a FABULOUS naptime. I needed that naptime today too because I am trying to get over this nasty little sinus cold. Colds in the summer are no fun! But at least being outside made me feel better and since we have another hot day in the forecast for tomorrow, I can take a pretty good guess what we will be doing.

Nakey Pool Party!!!

4 comments:

  1. Nothing cuter than nakey babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little men butt shot. You could make greeting cards with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww looks like lots of fun!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - Where did you find that pool? It is SOOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete