Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Paging Dexter Morgan"

After sharing my shock and frustration about the verdict on the Casey Anthony trial today on Facebook, my friend Ashley quoted her friend's post by saying:

"Paging Dexter Morgan...you are needed in Orlando"


If you've never watched the show Dexter, then you will totally not understand the humor (and sad truth) about this comment. You see, Dexter Morgan is a serial killer who basically "cleans up" after our legal system. All murderers who slip through the cracks of the system will ultimately meet their fate at the hands of this man. I'm not saying this is right...but I will say that what is NOT RIGHT is this chic getting away murdering and/or aiding in her daughter's death, disappearance and cover-up. Any way you slice it...this chic is guilty. Guilty of lying, guilty of partying when her daughter was missing (and apparently dead) and guilty of playing her family for a fool.

It's just plain sad. Especially when you look at the face of the little girl that received no justice today.


Sorry friends...I don't mean to dwell on the sadness of all of this but it's hard not to think about it when the media coverage is endless. It's also hard not to think about it when I look at my beautiful 3-year-old and think of what that baby went through. It sickens me.

Is anyone else troubled by this tonight? Is anyone else in total shock that she was not found guilty? Seriously...if anyone has Dexter Morgan's phone number...I would leave an anonymous message tonight. Just sayin...

3 comments:

  1. No way! I hadn't heard the verdict. Wow, didn't see that one coming. There should be rules of reproduction.

    :(

    Dexter indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left Dexter a message last night. He's on it! :)

    ReplyDelete