Monday, July 25, 2011

That's So Pinteresting! Gallery Walls

You can expect many more "That's So Pinteresting" posts from me in the future because I am totally and completely obsessed with Pinterest. I should have never downloaded the iPhone app OR accepted the invitation my mom sent me because I have literally lost hours of time on this site. But there are just so many awesome ideas!!! Speaking of which...

I am currently in the process of redecorating my living room. I am working with a practically non-existent budget so other than buying some paint for the walls, some new blinds, and possibly a few (cheap) decor items...I have to work with what I've got. We are rearranging and swapping some of our couches and furniture pieces to see if they look "new" in a new room. Ha!

Anyway, one of the things I REALLY want to incorporate into this room is a gallery wall. I have always loved gallery walls and even though I have a few mini versions around my house now, they are all very symmetrical. I kind of have a case of O.C.D. when it comes to symmetry in my decorating.

For example, this is the type of gallery wall my O.C.D. could handle...


But I want to branch out and be a little more fun and daring. This style could be a start with different styles/shapes...

But since I am working with a budget here, I can't go out and buy ALL new frames when I have sooooooooo many at my house that I could reuse and/or repurpose. I also want to use some non-picture items in my gallery wall but I am not sure which will work best. I think the use of mirrors is pretty cute...

And I really like how this one uses vinyl word art. You can find words and cute sayings everywhere now.


And I LOVE the use of letters. I see a lot with just solid wood or metal letters...

But then I came across this idea and I was sold!

I have so many frames in my basement that no longer have glass. Eric thinks I am such a weirdo for keeping them but I've always told him that I would find a way to use them. How CUTE would one (or more) of these be in a gallery wall? I also have scrapbook paper coming out of my ears so that is something I wouldn't have to buy either.

And finally, I thought the use of a chalkboard was pretty neat in a gallery wall...


I'm not quite sure if this will work in the wall I am picturing, but I still thought it was a pretty neat idea. I have been kind of obsessed with the whole chalkboard trend lately (I still have an idea in the works for the kids playroom). Isn't this a cute idea too? A chalkboard in your entryway with inspirational quotes/sayings/poems/etc.



I feel like this could be a great way to use an old frame too.

Ahh....so many ideas...so little time. I am excited to start my room and start playing around with gallery wall ideas. Does anyone else have a gallery wall in their house? Did you use different frames and/or non-picture items? I am totally open to any other ideas so please feel free to comment and/or leave me some links to Pinterest. I am always happy to have a reason to go back on. Haha!

5 comments:

  1. Jen- I just did a gallery wall...but now, I am rethinking the whole thing. I wish I had added in some mirrors of letters, or decor. I must admit I might use the framed letter idea in Zach's room. I have been looking for the right thing to hang on the wall above his bed, and I am thinking framed metal letters that spell out Zach might be the right thing. Thanks for the great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pinterest! :) I waste hours on it! And I love the idea of this type of wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in law has just added a gallery wall and it looks amazing! It has mirrors and all different types and sizes of frames and all of the frames touch. It's very creative looking! I should take a picture and post it because it's pretty cool and unique looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post!! A ton of really great finds. I'm going to have to go check out pinterest now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the picture of room. these are great. i will check out it.

    thanks for sharing

    Store of Mobile Phone

    Movies

    ReplyDelete