Monday, August 29, 2011

All About Owen

So this post today is pretty much all about baby O. I haven't blogged about him in like two weeks and I wanted to share some pics from his first trip to the zoo AND some of the great family pics my brother and Meagan got this week.

So let's start with the zoo, shall we? Here is Nana, Auntie Meagan and Owen posing for their first zoo picture together!


Doesn't he look so teeny here?


It was the most beautiful day for a zoo trip. It was sunny, 75 degrees and with school back in session, there were hardly any people there! Usually you can't even get up to this kangaroo for a pic, but Addie and Blake had it all to themselves.


Blake wasn't really digging the kangaroo, as you can see, but he was all about some polar bears today.

I don't know if it was the great weather or the quiet crowd, but ALL the animals were out. We never get to see the polar bears swim close up when we are at the zoo, but today this guy was playing with all the kids.


Isn't he precious?!!


And freaking HUGE?


The kids couldn't help but get out of their stroller for a closer look.


And this is how excited Owen was to see the bears. Ha! Babies...gotta love em'.


Pretty soon everyone lost interest. Addie was too busy flirting to even notice the animals. 


So we moved on.

We saw some HUGE birdies...


And some monkeys...


And posed for pictures...


And then took a little pit stop before heading to lunch.


Sadly, Auntie Meagan has to go back to work next week so I am glad we got to squeeze in our trip to the zoo. She is feeling a mix of emotions today, but I think overall she is looking forward to starting her new routine and getting back into the swing of things. We will miss getting to see her and playdate during the day, but that just means that lots of fun family weekends are in store for the months to come.

And speaking of family, I wanted to share some of the BEAUTIFUL shots that Meagan's sister Tricia snapped for them this past week. Owen is awake and happy in EVERY picture. These are some of my favorites...



Isn't he a doll?!!!!


He looks just like Ryan in this picture!!!


I just love this little peanut to death!!! I'm so happy we got to spend another day with him before he heads of to "baby school" and Auntie Meagan ventures into the Working Mommy world. I pray for a happy, easy transition for both of them :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it went by way to fast for her! Time for another? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what cute family pics. I am sure next week is weighing on her mind so I will keep them in my prayers too. Glad you guys had a fun day at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! Looks like you all had a fabulous time at the zoo. I've always loved zoo's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hair piece Addie is wearing at the zoo ;). The Mickey Mouse hair piece is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete