Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Meatloaf in the Family

Today, Aunt Meagan and baby Owen came down for our very first playdate! It's only been a couple of weeks since I saw Owen last, but I was amazed by how much he has grown!!!! He went from this teeny tiny peanut to a sweet cuddly little meatloaf and I just couldn't get over how big he looked!


He was also rocking two adorable outfits today that made him look JUST like his Daddy. So stinkin cute!

Ever since Meagan told me they were coming down for a visit, I have been dreaming about holding this little guy. But of course, I had to wait my turn. Miss Addison held him about 20 times, and then Nana got in on the action...


And so did Great Grams...


And then when everyone started to get a little squirrely...


I swooped in and grabbed him :-)


Isn't he just the cutest thing?!!! He reminds me so much of Addie when she was this age...I think it has something to do with all their cute little rolls :-) 

Owen is really such a good baby. He is a great eater and sleeper and for someone who had essentially no experience with kids before having her own, Meagan is a natural at this. She is so calm and happy and you can just tell she is so in love. New Mommies are so cute to watch :-)

It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Chicagoland so we took advantage of the weather by going on a nice long walk with the kids after lunch. This gave us all a chance to chit-chat and burn off the ridiculous amount of calories we consumed that morning. Meagan made these incredible coconut bars (she got the recipe off Pinterest. Ha!) and I swear I've had about 10 squares total today. But my gosh...it was SO WORTH IT!

Thanks again for the great playdate today Auntie Meagan! It was great seeing you and baby O! Looking forward to doing it again really soon :-) 

5 comments:

  1. Aww..you called him a meatloaf, that is darling! He is the cutest thing EVER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg is going to have some strong arms! I can still feel the work out! But I think it's all in his littler cheekers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Owen is so cute! I love when there's a new baby in the family. You can get your baby fix without actually having to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owen is adorable! PS...as usual, you're comment on my last post was so kind and thoughtful. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutie!!! Being an auntie is awesome! I can't wait to be one again... someone needs to get pregnant! LOL!

    ReplyDelete