Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Apples & Pumpkins

When I saw the big PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE sign hanging in Starbucks yesterday...it hit me.

Fall is almost here!!!!

I know it's still August and I know it is going to be 93 degrees on Friday, but as soon as Labor Day is over, it's officially Apple and Pumpkin season in the Davis household!! I have always been a huge fan of decorating for fall and thanks to F-ing Pinterest, I have a feeling I am going to go overboard this year.

Here are some of the cutest fall & Halloween decorating ideas I've seen lately.



I am a total sucker for polka dots so this is right up my alley. Just look how adorable these topiaries are!


I also plan to try this little craft. Using black thumb tacks to monogram a pumpkin! SO cute and SIMPLE!


For me, fall decorating is just as much fun as fall EATING!!! So let's not leave out some of the great pumpkin and apple recipes I want to try. Like...











And for the grand finale...



So much for cutting down on sugar right? Oh well...at least apples and pumpkins are healthy :-)

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I hope you have the recipes for these things too!

    I saw Pumpkin Lattes back at DD yesterday too.

    Don't buy cornstalks (in case you were planning). Will trade for Pumpkin Latte. kidding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are here ??? This is the greatest day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di - that is a fair trade! I'll take it! And if you want recipes, just click on the titles of each picture and it will take you to the website with the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year to decorate! Love the first photo! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I knew how to follow you on pinterst I would so be following you. These are great for Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of those pictures looks familiar. Gotta love Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I'm obssessed with fall too & your post just totally got me jumpstarted into Fall mode!! I didn't realize Starbuck's already has their pumpkin spice lattes out (yum, my fav)..I'm totally going next week! & those recipes look sooo yummy! I know you guys have a busy fall but maybe we can try & squeeze in a cozy fall-ish playdate!! have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooo jealous that Chicago got PSL before the rest of the world!! :)
    I am so ready to decorate and bake for fall!

    ReplyDelete