Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August Goals

I know it's already August 3, but I realized today that I better make a goal list if I plan to get anything accomplished this month. As I said in a previous post, we have quite a busy month ahead and every day I keep adding new things to my calendar. So...here are some things I hope to accomplish before September:

GET ORGANIZED: I know, I know. You probably get sick of seeing those two words on my blog all the time but it's a goal I continually strive for. I know I will never look at my home or my life and think, "Damn Jen...you are totally organized! There isn't one thing out of place!" But a girl can dream right? For this month, what I plan to get organized are schedules. Fall is going to be NUTS and I want Eric and I to have our phone/iPad calendars totally filled in and synced so we are on the same page. I want my fridge calendar to be up to date so it's easy to glance at. I want my awesome Erin Condren planner all filled in and on my desk so I can keep my school stuff straight. I've got a pretty good head start on all this but I really want to have it done before the start of craziness.

CLOSET CLEAN-OUTS: The kids are both in serious need of a closet clean-out. I had Addie try on 4 pairs of jeans yesterday and they were ALL floods on her. I seriously can't send her to preschool in a bunch of too-short pants and ratty summer t-shirts so we need to do some fall/school shopping for her and Blake this month. I've found a few good sales lately so we have a start (especially in the shoe department) but otherwise, we have some weeding out to do. I found some 6-month onesies in Blake's drawer so you can imagine how long it's been since I've done this :-) And speaking of closets, mine could use one last purge and some re-oragnization.

PUT TOGETHER MY SYLLABUS: This is just one small teacher responsibility but it is one of my most dreaded jobs. Planning what I am going to teach every week for an entire semester can be kind of stressful. I also have to upload all that information to my class website and I am not the best with that kind of technology. This is also a project I have to do with FULL concentration. No multi-tasking while the kids watch Toy Story. So, this will be an all-nighter at some point this month.

WORK ON FAMILY BUDGET: If I had a dollar for every time I tried to put together a solid budget for our family I would have enough month to not have to have a budget. I get spoiled by the ease of online banking and keeping my general budget in my head but that can be very dangerous if your head forgets about major upcoming expenses like VACATIONS!!! I just want to have a better idea of our budget going into this school year because we have all kinds of new monthly expenses. Hello preschool!!

FINISH BLOG TABS: This is by no means a necessary task, but I would like to have them done some time this year. Ha! If you haven't noticed, I have completed my "About Me", "See Jen Run" and "Eco-friendly Momma" tabs so be sure to check them out. I have been promising tutorials on how to design your own blog, how to make cupcake toppers with digital scrapbooking software, etc. and I would really like to get those done.

Well I think that's all I have for this month friends. It will be an absolute miracle if I can finish all these before the end of the month, but I am sure as hell going to try!! I have my trusty notebook all full of lists so now I just need to start crossing things off!!! Speaking of notebooks, is anyone else in love with all the cute back-to-school notebooks out right now? I love GreenRoom recycled notebooks at Target. They always have the cutes designs!


Happy Hump Day everyone!!! Be sure to stop back tomorrow and see Before and After pictures of my AWESOME new living room and gallery wall!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi:) Just stumbled upon your bloggy, and I think it's great. New follower: Nay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Nay! I'll have to head on over to your bloggy soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you publish your goals. I should do that...it will hold me accountable! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to refurbish my budget...thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete