Monday, August 1, 2011

Why I LOVE August

I know a lot of people are sad that August has arrived because it means that summer is almost over. I, on the other hand, am thrilled that this miserably hot summer is on it's way out. It's not that I don't love the sunshine and warm temps. I don't want winter to come ANY time soon. But I am completely over this heat and plus...I just love fall. If we could have 6 months of fall each year I would be a happy camper. I think I just need to move to the Pacific Northwest :-)

Anyway, I also love August because it is a month of celebrations around here. My Mom, Grandma and my niece Nia all have birthdays this month which means we will have a lot of cake to eat.

And on the 25th, Eric and I will celebrate our 5 year anniversary! 


I honestly can't believe we have been married 5 years. A long time ago we said we would take a trip for our 5 year anniversary but that just isn't realistic right now. So, we are going to do the next best thing and spend a night in the city. I told Eric I want to go out somewhere fancy so I can wear a dress. I haven't had a reason to dress up in a long time and I really want to use this opportunity. We haven't decided where we are going to eat but it doesn't matter to me...as long as I can wear a cute outfit :-)

After all the celebrating is done this month, it will officially be the end of summer because SCHOOL STARTS!!!


I know I may be nuts, but I am so excited for the school to start. New supplies, new student's to meet and a fresh new syllabus to teach from. I know I only teach one little English class a week but it is enough for me. It's a night where I can talk with adults (well...some of my 18-year-olds are questionable on that one) and I can use my brain for things other than Play-Doh creations and the Dora matching game :-)

I realize that August and the months that follow or going to be incredibly busy. September has just as many birthdays and we will also be juggling preschool, dance class, tot classes, my teaching schedule, Eric's overtime schedule and a handful of other responsibilities. And, my crazy ass decided to commit to a 15K in November so I have some serious running to do between now and then. Oh, and did I mention that our Disney trip is in just 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!


I am soooooooooooooo excited to go on our vacation! It seemed like it was so far away when we were buying plane tickets and booking our house but now it is so close! We have a lot of the advanced plans made but I really need to start talking to all my Disney gurus and start making an itinerary. Did I mention  how excited I am?!

And then by the time we get back from Florida, it will be the holidays. 

YIKES!

Time needs to slow down :-)

3 comments:

  1. I just want a re-do for this entire summer :o( But if I had all those things to look forward to, I'd be excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great things coming up for you! Time is going to fly...well even faster if that's possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya on cooler temperatures, it has been so hot her. I love summer but this year the heat has been ridiculous! We are going to Disney in December and I am soooooo excited. We are actually spending Christmas there with the kids!

    ReplyDelete