Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Heart Fall Running

Maybe it's the cool breeze on my face. Or getting to hide my pale legs in some cute running pants. Or maybe it's just because I love fall in general. But running in this weather the past week has made me SO HAPPY!!!

And I have a few fun races to look forward to as well. This weekend, I get to run a 5K in my hometown and in a few weeks, I get to run the AIDS 5K in Chicago with three of my besties!!! Tara is driving up from central Illinois, Mandy is driving up from southern Illinois and Amy is pretty much driving down the street :-) Tara and Mandy just started training for their first 5K this summer and I am SO EXCITED to run a race with them! It will be a fun girls day :-)

I realized this week that it's about time I break out my cool weather running clothes. I am so ready to say "peace out" to running shorts, I can't even tell you. I love running in pants and long sleeve tops. I don't know why, but I feel more athletic. Hahaha!

One of my FAVORITE running tops was a birthday present from my hubby last year. It's the Under Armour "Power in Pink" UA Base crew.


A portion of the proceeds of this shirt go to Breast Cancer charities, which makes me love it even more. I actually hoped to participate in the Race for the Cure 10K this year, but it falls on a weekend where I am flying solo with the kiddies so I'll have to pass :-( Oh well...there's always next year!

And speaking of next year, I have a lot running goals ahead of me. I hoped to get in a 10K or 15K this year but with our crazy schedules, I don't think it's going to happen. So it looks like I will start the year with one of these races and hopefully move up to a half marathon before 2012 is over!! I can't believe I am actually saying that!!!! So crazy :-)

So...has anyone else been loving this fall running weather? Anyone setting any big goals for next year?

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you Jen! Love running in the cooler weather!!! I've wanted to ask you, what running pant would you recommend? I was at roadrunner Sunday and didn't like the pants there... I need a good pair to run in this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so miss fall running! Can't wait until I'm back to normal to run again! I am doing the rock n roll dc half marathon in March. Its my goal to get back into shape. Keep up the good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're running posts are always inspiring...can't wait to get back into the game!

    ReplyDelete