Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Turning 31 Was Oh So Fun :-)

Every year on my birthday, I brag about how amazing my friends and family are and how spoiled I am by all of them. And guess what...I'm about to do it again, for the second time this week :-)

My birthday started out like any other Tuesday. The kiddies and I got up, ate some waffles, and headed out the door for preschool. After dropping Addie off, Blake and I enjoyed a little birthday breakfast together at Starbucks, compliments of Auntie Tara who gave me a giftcard for my birthday :-) We sipped pumpkin spice lattes and chocolate milk and then did a little shopping. I really love my mornings with Blakey Boy, especially when the weather is beautiful and we can spend some time playing outside too.

When it was time to pick Addie up, Nana met us and we enjoyed a yummy birthday lunch at Portillos. It's not every birthday that you can manage to consume 2,000 calories before 11:30 a.m. Ha!

And the fun didn't stop there! While I was enjoying a little down time this afternoon, the UPS man delivered a beautiful surprise for me. 


My sweet friend Marie sent me this beautiful bouquet just to "brighten my day". Gotta love that girl. She is such a sweetie :-)

I also got a TON of love on Facebook today, and even had a special message from this little cutie...


Nia and Nolan also sang me a BEAUTIFUL Happy Birthday song over the phone and again at Mima and Papa Steve's house! Tonight was my night to celebrate with Eric's family and they spoiled me to no end. My mother-in-law made me my favorite dinner, homemade lasagna, and Aunt Dana got my favorite french silk pie!! Another 1000 calories on the booty, but SO worth it!!

They also showered me with great gifts and Aunt Dana even surprised me with the red dutch oven I have been drooling over!!! I have a very special Martha Stewart recipe all planned out for it's first use. I really wish I had pictures to share, but I'll have to wait for the one Papa Steve got. BOTH our cameras ran out of batteries while we were there. Go figure :-) But it was a great time and I am just so thankful for some of the best in-laws a girl could EVER ask for!!! Thanks so much Mima, Papa Steve, Aunt Dana, Uncle Kevin, Nia and Nolan for such a wonderful birthday dinner! I love you all SO MUCH!!!

I really had such a fun birthday this year and it makes me want to cry when I think about how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends and family in my life. I am one lucky girl :-)

3 comments:

  1. did you say that you are 29? ha! love you anyway glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good day!!! Hope your snickerdoodles arrive in one piece. :) And why did the UPS man bring flowers? I'm confused! Haha. Easily confused, obviously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete