Friday, November 18, 2011

3 Chicks & a Date With a Vampire

Today was the day that my girls and I have been waiting for...the release of Breaking Dawn-Part 1!!! The three of us really hate this picture, but since it looks like we are a part of the Cullen clan with our vampire eyes...we thought it was appropriate for the occasion :-)


So yeah...do you see those big ass glasses of wine of in front of us? We were able to sip on those while we watched the movie. And we may have ordered a second...you know...just because we could. I'm pretty sure we will be seeing EVERY movie here from now on :-)

So speaking of the movie...I have to say that overall, I loved it. Yes, there were lots of things missing from the book and I didn't really care for a lot of the werewolf scenes. I thought some of the special effects were a bit corny and it was tough to watch Bella in her gruesome state towards the end. 

BUT...after I got done complaining about all that, I realized that I had to look at the movie for what it is. Movies rarely live up to the book and after waiting a year and a half for this movie to come out...I think my expectations were too high. I also had to remember that this movie was PG13 so the honeymoon love scene could not compare to my imagination. Haha! In fact, when it was over, Tara and Linsey and I looked at each other and said, "That was it?"

But on a bright note, the wedding scene was fantastic. I didn't care for Bella's dress, but she looked gorgeous and so did Edward (and Jacob. Ha!) I loved that they used the same song they danced to at the prom in the first movie for their wedding song. I almost got a little teary eyed at that part :-)

Okay...I realize that all of you non-Twilight fans like my hubby are making fun of me now, so I should probably end this post.  I will say though that I'm a little sad that we have to wait another YEAR to see the second part. But judging by how fast this year went, the three of us will be in our Twilight shirts before we know it :-)

6 comments:

  1. My daughter watched it last night & she loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it at midnight opening day and I agree with you. I loved it but it didn't compare to how amazing the book was in my mind. The werewolf scene with all of them talking was a little cheesy but overall I liked it. It had some really funny parts (I love Bella's dad). And the wedding was really pretty...I also wasn't a fan of her dress. Oh...and what was up with the Bella's dream of them getting married and the whole pile up?! ha.
    After the ending I can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldnt agree with you more. I think the wedding made up for the werewolves, at least for me. I loved having a girls day and already have it in my calendar for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun day! I agree--we HAVE to see the next one at that theater. I loved drinking wine while watching the movie, and the comfy chairs were awesome. Next time we can get the super premium seats and snuggle up together under a blanket, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily my hubby is a big fan too! We are going next weekend! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I know this admission may put our BFF status at risk, I haven't watched any of the movies! However, I do plan to remedy that over the summer break in a Twilight marathon. I did love the books!

    ReplyDelete