Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Being Thankful (Plus a Really Cute Thanksgiving Printable)

Even though I spent the majority of the day decorating my house for Christmas with the kiddies, I am still excited for Thanksgiving next week! I love a yummy turkey, time with my family and the opportunity to tell others how thankful I am for them.

Two people that I am incredibly thankful for this year are Addie's preschool teachers. They have only been a part of her life for a few months, but they have already changed her in so many wonderful ways. She knows God now and talks to him everyday, even if it's just to thank him for cookies and new markers. She listens more attentively (even if its for only a few seconds). She sings songs, tells stories and genuinely loves going to school. That alone is reason enough to thank these two wonderful women :-)

So I wanted to put together a little "thank you" gift to give them tomorrow at their Thanksgiving Feast. I saw some cute candy jar ideas on Pinterest, but it wasn't quite what I wanted. But while I was walking through the grocery store tonight, I saw some gorgeous little mums. Bingo! Everyone loves getting flowers and these would look cute on their thanksgiving tables next week. So I bought them each a mum, tied the pot with some ribbon, and then created a little note that I glued to a bamboo skewer and stuck in the dirt. I think they came out pretty cute for only a few minutes worth of work.



I know it's nothing special, but I hope it will brighten their day just like they brighten Addie's. I just want them to know how thankful we are :-)

So while I was making these printables for Addie's teachers, I realized that I could make a more generic tag to share with all of you! You know, in case you have some people you would like to thank this week. The tag is simple, but I think it gets the message across :-)


You can download this printable here.

Well that's all I have for today friends! I am still struggling to catch back up after vacation, but since Thanksgiving is already NEXT WEEK...I need to get my bootie in gear. Lots of fun posts to come!

6 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! Thank you for sharing your printable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! :) I'm going to pin them. :) I may be doing an anniversary party in February I could use your assistance with... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! Thanks so much...I was looking for something to give to Sean's teacher and this is perfect! There Thanksgiving feast is tomorrow...so I can make them tonight before I go see Breaking Dawn at midnight!! (had to throw that in:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I am going to do this for Carter's teacher - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the printable! Matthew's teacher will be seeing this on Monday.

    ReplyDelete