Friday, November 25, 2011

The Best Thanksgiving Yet

Isn't it funny how some of the most uneventful holidays are the most memorable? Many of our Thanksgivings have been overshadowed a bit by weddings and new babies the last few years. The last 5 to be exact :-) So this year, when we all managed to work out our schedules to be together around one table...


I knew it was going to be special. My parent's hosted this year and there is just something so warm and comfortable about being at their house. And maybe that's the magic word here...comfortable. This thanksgiving was comfortable and wonderful in so many ways.

We kept all of our traditions, like forcing Di to make the gravy and having Eric help with the bird...


We gave Addie her responsibilities, like feeding baby Owen his Thanksgiving meal...


We took our girls group picture (although I realize now we should have had mom in it, instead of taking it). Whoops! Redo at Christmas :-)


And then we did some lounging. Here I am with my little turkey, who celebrated his FIRST Thanksgiving!!!


And then it was time to sit around drinking coffee and wine while looking at the sale papers.


The good news is that none of us had to wait in those insane lines (except for my brother who does it for fun). I was able to score so many deals last night and today online that I am just a few presents away from being done with my shopping!!! That feels so good! My goal was to be done by December 1st, but that isn't far away so I better get moving :-)

After browsing the sale ads, my Mom and Dad pulled out some old videos from when my brothers and I were kids. They were so cute and so funny to watch. I can't believe how much my little Addie is a clone of me and how much Owen is a clone of my brother. I really should find a way to share these videos because they are precious. It was a wonderful way to end our holiday.

After we all left, the 4 of us girls were busy sending texts to each other about how great Thanksgiving was this year. And it really was perfect. BOTH of our Thanksgivings were perfect. 

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...I am such a lucky girl :-)

Now...it's time to really CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was a fabulous day! I am so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a beautiful Thanksgiving! Your mother's dining area is just so inviting. I imagine her whole house & the atmosphere is the same :)

    Yes, time to start gearing up for CHRISTMAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful & relaxed Thanksgiving. I would have to say ours was the same this year & I LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete