Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Randomness & The Weekend Ahead

Happy Friday Everyone! Are you as happy as I am that it is Friday? We have a great weekend ahead of us filled with some fun activities, and an afternoon for some lounging around :-) I have so many random little things to talk about and update you on today, I thought bullet points would be easier to follow :-)

* First, I just want to thank everyone who commented on my last post. Your encouragement and advice really helped a lot :-) I am happy to report that last night's class went MUCH better. I don't know if it's because they all felt sorry for me for crying last week (such a baby) or if they realize like I do that there are only 5 weeks left of class and it's time we suck it up and get to work...but everyone was very productive last night. Whew!!

* This Saturday, I am running my 10th 5K of the year!!! It's the Hot Chocolate 5K I ran last year in Chicago and even though I haven't been for a run in almost 2 weeks, I am still looking forward to it. My friends Barb and Joe and I are invoking the "No Man Left Behind" rule again so that we can all keep pace with each other and just have fun. Plus, I don't want to overwork myself and be too tired to enjoy all the chocolate fondue waiting for me at the end. YUM!! But I do feel like I am missing something this weekend. Last year, my BF Chelsi flew ALL the way from Washington to run this race with me. It was our first meeting and we had such a fabulous weekend together. I so wish she was flying in to join me tomorrow. SHOUT OUT GIRLFRIEND!!


* Saturday afternoon will hopefully be spent lounging after the race, but I do have a very important task to begin...PACKING FOR DISNEY!!! I really don't want to be doing this last minute, so I need to at least start making packing lists and look for things that we won't be needing before we leave (like bathing suits...yikes). Yes...I am the girl that has my suitcase in my room for at least a solid two weeks before any trip. Like I said...I don't like last minute packing. It stresses me out :-)

* On Sunday, we will be road tripping for the day to central Illinois to celebrate the birthdays of two ADORABLE baby girls. Tara's twins are turning ONE!!! Seriously, where has the time gone?? It seems like only yesterday I was holding those two little peanuts...


And now they are all grown up!!! I'll save the grown-up pick of the girls until after their party. My mom made them both the cutest first birthday outfits...I can't wait to see them all dressed up :-)

Well that's all I have for today friends!! I need to somehow accomplish a million household tasks like cleaning, laundry, etc. but the sun is shining and I have two kids already asking to go outside. If only I had HALF their energy :-)

I hope you all have a happy weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, love!!! I will be thinking about you! :) In fact, you'll be getting up in a few hours. I can't believe it's been a YEAR!!! So crazy! Eat some fondue for me! I better get to see your ass soon!!!

    ReplyDelete