Monday, November 28, 2011

One VERY Special Girl

So far, this week is starting out to be pretty awesome for Addie. For starters, we went to the mall today and came home with these...


As promised, I took Addie to get her ears pierced for not only filling up her listening chart with stickers, but also for getting a wonderful progress report from her teachers!! I put it off for a little while, thinking she would change her mind and want something else. But when I asked her today what she wanted as a reward, she said she wanted to get her ears pierced. So off to the mall we went!

I still can't get over how calm and sweet she was about the whole thing. She just hopped right up on the seat...


When the girl told me that she would have to do each ear separately, I was worried that Addie would freak after the first one and not want to do the second. When she first pulled the trigger, Addie looked like a deer in headlights. But then when she realized how quick the pain was, she was ready for the second ear.


I still can't believe she didn't so much as flinch during that whole experience!! She was such a little trooper. I think it helped talking about it ahead of time. Nia even told her that it just hurts for a minute, and that's all Addie kept saying, "It just hurwts for a minute". 

After we were done, Addie walked all over the mall telling every stranger that walked by that she got her ears pierced. We were even able to tell santa!!! She was also more than willing to pose for pictures with her new "diamonds" :-)


So now my baby girl has her ears pierced. I could almost cry!! She is just growing up way too fast!

***

So as if getting this big treat wasn't special enough today...we came home and finished setting up her very own pink Christmas tree. Her "Pinkalicious" tree as she says :-)


And then tomorrow, Addie gets to be the "Special Person" at school which means she gets to bring a show-and-tell item (which will be her picture and autograph book from Disney) as well as a snack to share with the class. I wanted to do something Christmasy but since we have a peanut allergy classroom, the list of acceptable snacks is kind of strict. So I had to be creative. 

I ended up finding some strawberry applesauce at Target (market pantry brand) and I made little sticker labels to put on the top.


I think they turned out pretty cute! So if you happen to be looking for a yummy, inexpensive treat for kids this holiday season, just buy some strawberry applesauce, print out the label I made here, and viola! You have yourself some Christmas Applesauce :-)

Addie is so excited to be the special person...I can't wait to hear how it goes :-) Although, I am pretty sure the Disney autograph book will take a back seat to her new diamonds during show and tell. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe what a big girl she was! Not even an "ouch" came out of her. She was unbelievable. Now I can't wait to give her the Mickey earrings I bought her at Disney World. They will wait until her birthday because I'm sure once she sees them she will want them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big girl!!! I'm sure the earrings will trump the book, even for just a second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I remember finally being able to get my ears pierced...it was such a big deal!

    I love your Christmas Applesauce idea...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete