Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Nothing Can Stop This Fun Old Fashioned Family Christmas...No NO...We're All In This Together!"

Can you just imagine Chevy Chase screaming this at the top of his lungs with a deranged look in his eye? That's how we all felt yesterday. For the last few weeks, our entire family has been taking turns with the sickies. In some cases, we've taken several turns. The flu, colds, strep, pink-eye, sinus infections, ear infections, you name it. 

But that was NOT going to stop our fun old fashioned family Christmas! We were determined to suck it up and make the best of the holiday. And that we did my friends...


HA! I am going to frame this picture. I love it! From our christmas pajamas to our sterile surgical masks...we were ready to party. And party we did! In case I haven't said it before...my family rocks :-)


I think we can all agree that the kiddies were the life of the party this year. Addie was her usual, playful self...hanging ALL over Uncle Ryan...




And of course performing for everyone with her new trumpet :-)



And showing off all her fun new gifts...


She was also obsessed with another man this year...my Uncle Darrel. Someone told her he was actually Santa Claus and she believed it. She sat on his lap and told him what she wanted him to bring her tomorrow...


And even made him pose for pictures with her. It was too funny :-) I think my uncle got a real kick out of all the attention.


And when this peanut FINALLY started to crash, she asked Aunt Meagan to have a "sleepover" in the family room :-)


And she wasn't the only one with endless energy last night. This little guy right here had PLENTY of energy, running all over the house with his new tractor (and throwing a few tantrums :-)...



But this little guy right here...he was as chill as can be. In fact, I might even say he was the star of the party! After all, it is his FIRST Christmas!! We all took a turn holding him.







I could just squeeze that peanut all night!

It really was another great Christmas with my Mom's side of the family. Every Christmas that we get to spend with my Grandma is a blessing, and we love her boyfriend Richard like he is one of our own :)


And my grandma loves her great grandbabies more than anything in the world...and they love her just the same :-)


I really am so blessed to have such great cousins, like my girl Jilly bean...


And great Aunts and Uncles (we miss you Aunt Lori!!!)...


We are lucky to be able to spend our holidays together, enjoying each others company...



And opening some gifts...



And being a little silly...



We are so lucky to have each other :-)

And the fun isn't over yet! Although Uncle Ryan, Aunt Meagan and Baby Owen are traveling to be with Aunt Meagan's family this year, Pajama Christmas Eve at my parents is still on!!!! We will be heading there soon and I can't wait!!!!! It's one of my favorite nights of the year, followed by one of my favorite days of the year!!!

I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a holiday filled with love and laughter!! I hope Santa is good to you all tomorrow and I promise to check in after all the fun and give you a recap of our holiday. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight :-)

2 comments:

  1. Geeeeeee! what a Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. linda familia prarabens e muita felicidades voce merecem !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete