Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What's on MY Christmas List

This is a pretty selfish post, considering I've already been given everything I've ever wanted. Two beautiful kids, a great husband, a cozy house to call our own, amazing family and friends, and so much more.

But since Santa DID tell me to make a list this year...I didn't want to let him down :-) So, here's what I'm asking for. Hold on to your seat...these gifts are really exciting. Ha!

Cosmetics

I made the biggest mistake of my life when I started using Origins face moisturizer. I have tried to switch to other drugstore brands for the past few years and I just can't do it!!! I love their Perfect World moisturizer in the winter and their Have a Nice Day moisturizer in the summer (because it has SPF). But it isn't cheap, so I ALWAYS ask for it for Christmas so that I know I have my stock built up for the year. Plus, Origins gift wraps for free in the CUTEST boxes that fit perfectly in a stocking :-)



While I was on my cosmetic kick, I also asked for some new make-up from Ulta (Ulta brand make-up is always on sale and they have a great selection). I need a new color palette to go with my darker hair and let's be honest...I just need a new look overall. My make-up routine is tired.

A Craft Cart

Please...as if I could go without asking Santa for something organizational. Now that I have been spending quite a bit of time with my beloved punches and printables, I wanted a new set of plastic drawers (go figure) to organize all of my crafting goodies in. I was looking at all the AMAZING Elfa storage carts at Container Store, but they are a little out of my price range. But then I came across this awesome craft cart and I was sold! I can't wait to fill it :-)


Kitchen Stuff

I have been collecting a ton of recipes lately that call for mini casserole dishes so I made sure to put those on my list. How adorable are these red and white polka dot ones? LOVE!!!


You know me and my polka dots. If Eric wouldn't totally make fun of me, I would consider asking Santa for these pots and pans too...


And speaking of being made fun of...

Hair Appliances

Okay...so I totally need a new blow dryer and curling iron (although I am asking for a curling wand instead) and while I was on my search for a good, but inexpensive one...I found this blow dryer...


Yes. They make Twilight branded blow dryers. They have a whole collection!!! Can you believe it? It's so silly...or is it? I may have sent my SIL Di the link. You know...just in case she can't find anything else.

Books

I almost always ask for books for Christmas, but now that my Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games sets are complete...I didn't know what to ask for :-) But then today, I was walking around Barnes and Noble and I saw THIS!!!!



The Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey. Oh. My. Gosh. This book is amazing. Eric and I said we would only do stocking stuffers for each other this year, but he could make this fit in a stocking...couldn't he?

Steam Mop

I know. A steam mop? How boring! But seriously friends...I NEED this for Christmas. Our house is about 75% ceramic tile or hardwood and I need a better way to clean and disinfect it. I originally asked Santa for a mop but when I was contacted by the fabulous people at Oreck to do a review of their new Grab It & Steam It I literally jumped at the chance!!!!


This beauty just arrived today and I can't wait until the kids get up from their nap so I can give it it's first test run!!!! In fact, I may spend the whole night steaming and mopping my floors so I can give you a fabulous review tomorrow.

What's that you say? A steam mop is on YOUR Christmas list this year?? Well friends...it's your lucky day! Not only will I be reviewing the Oreck Grab It & Steam It tomorrow, I will also be giving you a chance to win one for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now wouldn't that be a fabulous, unexpected Christmas present? Be sure to check back tomorrow for all the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Good list! I also want a wand and a blow dryer. My hair dresser said splurge and get a salono dryer, he said there awesome and dry your hair super quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SOOOO want a steam mop too! lol....Id love one for Christmas! oh and I love the blow sderyer...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that polka dot stuff is so cute! I've been looking for a new kitchen theme & now you have the ideas rolling around in my head :)
    I need a steam mop too. I'll definitely be back for the review & giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that craft cart to fill with crafting items Anderson should not use unattended!

    Also, I still can't get my mind off of that steam mop.

    ReplyDelete