Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I don't know about you, but the Davis' partied like it was 2011 last night!


And by "party" I mean we played dress-up in our jammies :-)

We actually had a really great, low-key NYE this year. Eric grilled some steaks and made twice baked potatoes, and then Uncle Joe brought over some lava cakes and mint chocolate brownies. YES PLEASE!!!

The kids ran themselves silly and then passed out nice and early. This was great for us because we had some serious work to do.

Today was Blake's birthday party so naturally I waited until last night to not only make 60 cupcakes, but also glue together the cupcake toppers. I knew I couldn't get it done on my own so I convinced the guys to help me. Here's Eric working the hot glue gun...


And Joe making some homemade frosting...


 You like my wine glass in the picture? It was the only way I could get through making all those cupcakes!!! But they turned out really yummy and I appreciated the help from the guys :-)

So that's how we spent NYE at our house. Playing with kids, baking some cupcakes and drinking some wine. It was a nice night and I am SUPER impressed that I managed to stay awake!

Although, I was paying the price today for sure. Blake's "small" party ended up being 36 adults and 17 children (16 of which were 4years-old and under). It was a packed house but SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait to recap for you tomorrow. Too tired tonight :-)

 I hope you all had a wonderful New Years! I am going to spend the rest of my night writing out my goals for 2012. Boy...do I have some big ones :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 60 cupcakes huh? Sounds like someone was feeding a small army! They look yummy!

    Cassandra ♥

    ReplyDelete