Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tidbit Tuesday

Here are a just a few tidbits of our Tuesday...

* Addie stayed home from preschool today because she woke up with a stuffy nose and fever last night. It's funny...when I'm sick, all I want to do is lay on the couch. When Addie is sick...all she wants to do is make crafts, play dress-up, play Barbies, play school, paint, color, bake cupcakes and ask about 986 questions in a matter of 20 minutes. To say I'm beat is an understatement. Luckily, her fever is gone and her stuffy nose is clearing up :-)

* The Valentine's cupcakes we made with homemade vanilla frosting were a BIG mistake. Look at em....just sitting there looking all freaking delicious.


* I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle 8K for March 25th because I felt like if I shelled out the money and committed, it would give me some new motivation. I'm expecting it to kick in anytime now...

* I realized today that it's been almost 9 weeks since my last hair appointment. When I was blonde, I would have to go every 5-6 weeks to keep up the color. Going brunette was the best decision ever. I am hoping to make it 10 weeks, but I miss chatting with my stylist and I could definitely use a trim and some fresh color now. Going every 9-10 weeks vs. 5-6 is going to save a ton of money this year. Me likey :-)

* I have a long awaited meeting tomorrow that should hopefully put to rest a very annoying and stressful situation that I have been dealing with for several months. At this point, the outcome doesn't even matter. Just getting it over with will make me feel like a new woman tomorrow. I hope :-) Sorry for the vague bullet point.

* And finally, I made an awesome menu for the next 5 or 6 nights of dinner mixing various recipes I've found in new cookbooks and on Pinterest. I am going to make them all, take some pics, do some trial and error and hopefully share with you guys next week. Word of caution though...if you are dieting and/or trying to eat healthy...you may not care for my menu. It's all about carbs and cheese :-)

1 comment:

  1. I squeezed my last hair apt out 13 weeks. My color was fine but I desperately needed a cut!! Next time I won't go quite so long but being brunette is awesome!

    ReplyDelete