Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine's Day Bingo: Perfect for Preschoolers

I am having WAY too much fun planning Addie's preschool Valentine's Day party. Between my own ideas, the ones I've been stealing from Pinterest and the ones my Mom and friend Kristi keep sending me...I am on crafting overload! I can't wait to share all this fun stuff with you guys this week.

Today, I spent the better part of nap time putting together one of the games for the party. Addie's preschool teacher said that the kids have been loving "Bingo" lately so I went in search of Valentine Bingo cards online. To my surprise...there weren't many to be found, especially not for preschool age kids. I was hoping to find something with colors, shapes, letters, pictures, etc. but I was only finding blank cards or more traditional bingo cards with all numbers.

So...I sat down with my scrapbooking software and came up with my own card! I am really so happy with how it turned out. I used numbers and letters that the kids have learned so far this year, a few colored shapes and a few cliparts. It's bright and colorful and I think the kids are really going to enjoy playing it :-)



  I've created 20 different cards, as well as a matching caller sheet. You can download the whole set here. We are planning to use conversation heart candies as our markers for the party, but I think Hershey Kisses are also cute. 

I'm actually going to print out a set to have here at home because I think it would be a great game to play with Addie and Blake on a boring winter's day, or even on our next playdate :-)

So...is anyone else in charge of a game for their kid's Valentine's Day party? I would love to know what other fun stuff you are planning to do. I also hope this Bingo set comes in handy for someone. I know I'm pretty excited about it :-)

6 comments:

  1. You're a superstar! I LOVE your Bingo cards, they're adorable. Give yourself a pat on the back! I think I might use these with my own class! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Jen! Thanks so much for sharing. Addie and her class are going to have such and amazing Valentine's Day party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok! You have got to do a tutorial on all your craftiness!! After reading your review on Memory Makers, I purchased it. I am nowhere as good as you though. I had no idea you could do all of this other stuff! I would love to do the "I Dig You" Valentine's treat bag, but our treats have to be "prepackaged". Uughh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved valentines day as a kid!! So fun handing out valentines in school :) I might have a hard time planning anything fun for Levi, since his birthday is just days later!

    Btw, IVE MISSED YOU AND YOUR BLOG :) You are so one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You! This is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU Jennifer! These are so professionally done! I am in charge of my 6 year old's valentine's school party and plan on laminating the cards to use again in the future :-).
    You are very creative, thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete