Friday, February 3, 2012

February Fun & Plans for the Weekend!

Happy Friday everyone! I can't believe it's already February!!! I'm not complaining though...I actually love the month of February. We get to kick it off with Ground Hog Day, which is always fun for my Dad and I because we just spend the day texting each other a bunch of quotes from the movie. It's one of our favorites. This is for you Dad...


"This is the one time that television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather"

I was a little bummed to read that Phil saw his shadow yesterday, but since we haven't had a true Chicago winter yet...I don't think any of us should complain. 6 weeks will come and go before we know it!

Another great part about February is celebrating all the birthdays!!!! My sis-in-law Meagan celebrated hers yesterday, my brother Ryan celebrates his on the 10th and my Dad celebrates his on the 26th. Did I mention that my BFFs Tara and Chelsi also celebrate birthdays this month? WHEW! You should see my gift table in the basement :-) But with all these birthdays comes a lot of celebrating and that's the best part. We will be heading to Meagan and Ryan's tomorrow for a big group celebration and I can't wait!!!

And speaking of celebrating, we are just a little over a week away from Valentine's Day! I know it is just a silly Hallmark holiday, but I for one love it. I like cutting out paper hearts, eating ridiculous amounts of chocolate and having another reason to spoil the kiddies. I am also really looking forward to Addie's preschool party and the fact that I get to be a part of it :-)

I suppose the only real downer of February is the weather. At this time last year, we were shoveling our way out of the Snowmageddon and this year we are taking walks outside!! Craziness. Today is another great day in Chicagoland. It's only in the 40s, but that is still wonderful for February. My mom and I decided to take advantage of the nice day and took the kids to the Children's Museum. I love this place...and so did the kids. Here are some quick phone pics of our trip:





In case you are wondering, this is Blake's Happy Dance :-)













Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have all these activities in our house? Although if we did, the kids would probably be bored with them in a day. Ha!

Well friends...I better run. I have a pot roast waiting to go into the oven and I promised Addie some craft time this afternoon while Blake naps :-) I hope everyone has a fun weekend, whether it's celebrating a birthday or watching the Super Bowl! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Feb is always kind of blah for us. At least we have had mild weather. I hope Chicago doesn't decide to snow until April as pay back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can add my nephew to the February b-day list too ;-)

    I too am grateful for the warmer weather. Granite I currently live in Virginia, but I understand the cold, windy and snowy weather. I'm orginally from the Pocono's in PA and don't miss those winters.

    Your kids are so adorable and it really looks like they are having a great time at the childrens museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out girl! I can't wait to open my birthday goodies tomorrow! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. play areas are most important item for kids where he play the whole day and growing well. Test Guide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post,I really like your article

    ReplyDelete