Sunday, February 12, 2012

Two Princesses

When my sis-in-law Dana and I were little girls having sleepovers at each other's houses, I'm pretty sure we pretended to be princesses a time or two. And if you would have told us 25 years ago that our two little girls would be best friends playing dress up together...I'm not sure I would have believed it.

But here we are...with our two little princesses.


When I told Addie that she would get to go to Disney on Ice when she filled her sticker chart, the first thing asked was, "Will Nia be there?" Well OF COURSE!! I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a girl's day with all my favorite ladies.



And of course the second thing Addie asked me when I told her we were going to Disney on Ice was, "Can I have a sleepover?" This girl and her sleepovers. Good thing Nana never minds :-)


Here's Auntie Dana and Nia looking so cute :-)


Mima and her baby girls, waiting for the show to start.


And finally, one last picture of me, peanut and Mamacita.


I never went to a Disney on Ice show when I was a kid so I didn't know what to expect. But when the lights went out and all the characters came out onto the ice, I think I was just as excited as Addie :-)


This was the Dare to Dream Disney show so it followed three different Princess stories. The first was about Princess Tiana, who we aren't as familiar with. 


But you better believe we will be buying our copy of that DVD after seeing the show. It was SO cute!


As much as I liked watching Tiana, I was ready for my girl Cinderella to take the ice. And seriously, she did not disappoint. 


They had the most gorgeous costumes.


Ahh...Prince Charming. I can't help but think of that comparison picture of Prince William when I see him :-)


The Cinderella story was very cute, but the Rapunzel story blew us all away!!


They did the most amazing tricks and the characters flew high above the ice. The girls were snapping pictures like crazy...they thought it was so neat.


And it really was. 


They also did a FANTASTIC job with the horse Maximus. He looked just like the movie!! Hard to believe there were two people skating in there. I would hate to be the ass.



And of course...what's a happy ending without a new hairstyle...


And some floating lanterns :-)


Addie thought the show was over after Rapunzel left, but then her and Nia were stunned to silence when they saw ALL the Princesses coming out on the ice!!!


Just look at these two...


It really was neat to have all the princesses there...


Well...and this lady too. In fact, Addie asked for Minnie about 10 times during the show. She loves her.


What a neat experience.


If any of you have a princess (or two) in your life, or if you just love all things Disney, you need to get to this show if it is in your area. It really was a great way to spend a girls day :-)

3 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet girls day! I can't wait to do this with a little princess of my own one day :) Oh and I don't believe a gal is ever too old for Disney!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I remember getting to go with my cousins when we were little! We even got some big gaudy mugs as souveniers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good article. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete