Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Day is a Week Away! Enjoy These Treats, Games & Free Printables!

Yay! Valentine's Day is only a week away! I am so looking forward to our heart-shaped pizza, banana splits and wine (when the kids go to bed). I am also super excited for Addie's party and have been hard at work putting together some fun ideas for treats, games and goodies. Even though my focus has been on kids, most of my printables can be used for anyone: Grandparents, friends, co-workers, teachers, etc.

So...the first thing I worked on this week was a copy of an adorable treat I found on Pinterest. I am a huge fan of s'mores and I thought this made a cute, inexpensive little gift to give on Valentine's Day. I may have even sent some to a few of my birthday girls this month :-)


I have a large, 3 inch scallop square punch that I used for these tags, although they could easily be cut out with scissors. You can download them here.

Now, assembling these bags does take quite a few marshmallows, chocolate squares and crackers so if you want a ready-to-eat s'mores snack for a party, you could make this DELICIOUS recipe or put together a traditional s'more, wrap it in Cling Wrap and decorate it like so...


All it takes is Cling Wrap (I prefer Press-N-Seal),  a little ribbon and this printable tag that can be punched with a 2 inch scallop punch. I even created this easy to print page that has 12 tags and you can download it here.

Now, for Addie's school party, we are bringing in heart-shaped cookies that the kids can decorate themselves with frosting and sprinkles. They are going to go nuts for that :-) 

And since they are already getting their sweets that way, I thought their treat bags should be filled with a bunch of other fun stuff. Target ROCKS when it comes to little treat bag goodies.


Once you collect a bunch of little pencils, erasers, bubbles, etc. you can wrap it up in a cute cello bag and tie it with some ribbon or baker's twine. For this, I just made generic, "Happy Valentine's Day" tags that can be used for little bags like this...


Or as cupcake toppers. I put together a sheet of these as well and you can download them here.

In addition to their story time, cookie decorating station and take-home treats, the kids will also get to do a few crafts and play a couple games. Another mom is creating a pin-the-heart on the teddy bear game that is going to be adorable, and I made these Preschool Bingo Cards for them to play with conversation hearts. If you missed my post about these, you can download them all here.


I printed a set of these for my house so we can play for big surprises (like a new movie, new hair clips, etc) on Valentine's Day at our house. Addie cheats at Bingo so this should be fun. Ha!

I am not really sure about teacher gift etiquette when it comes to Valentine's Day, but I thought about making each of Addie's teachers some s'more bags so I created a separate heart tag and round tag that says the same thing as above, only replacing "friend" with "teacher". Cause really...the world does need s'more teachers like these ladies :-)

Whew! Thats a lot of Valentine's Day printing! I hope you all have new ink cartridges. Ha! I have really enjoyed making all of this fun stuff and I hope some of you can use it.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jen!!! I love all these!!! I already printed out the bingo cards for Sean's class and I am sooooo making the smores bags for his teacher! Such a great idea! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo love all of your crafty ideas. I think I may make the s'mores for a girls night that I'm hosting this month. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. Thanks for sharing. Exam Questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great teacher printables, Jen! I will make the s'more treat bags for all 5 super teachers in my kids' lives (3 teachers + 2 assistants!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had been hunting the web for cute Valentine's Day bingo cards for my son's preschool party and wasn't finding ANYTHING cute...until I found your blog! Thanks so much for sharing these and I'm sure the kids will love playing the game in school on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete