Friday, March 30, 2012

All Dogs Go to Heaven

14 years is a long time to have a best friend...especially a furry one as cute as this.


Ami is my sis-in-law Diana's sweet little baby. Well, she started out as Di's, but the minute she met Adam...she became "their" doggie.


It was easy to fall in love with Ami. She was a tiny little fur ball that fit in the palm of your hand but she had the sass and feistiness of a dog 10 times her size. Everyone was nuts about her...even Howie.


Di and Adam always like to joke that Ami was just a "crabby old lady", but she was the most patient and tolerant little thing you have ever met.


She loved being held (by adults) and everyone always wanted to take their turn. My Dad had a HUGE soft spot for Aimers.


And the girl could dress!! She has cuter clothes than I do. Ha!


For the past few years, our spunky little Ami has been dealing with some health issues. For at least the last three Christmases, Di has swore that it was Ami's last. But that little peanut just kept on fighting and living. She gave Di 14 wonderful years of love and friendship, and she gave our family 8 of those years.

But sadly, Ami went to heaven today. She passed away in her Mommy's arms...the way that all doggies should go.

We like to think that Ami is in heaven today, playing with her old buddy Fattie and peeing on the rug. We are all going to miss her so very much, but we are thankful to have had so much time with her sweet furry face.


Rest in peace, old lady. We love you with all our hearts.

9 comments:

  1. Oh no, so sad! I'm sure Diana is feeling so bad today--if you read these comments, I'm thinking of you Diana! It's so hard to lose our furry kids :(
    My favorite picture of Ami is the last one--she's just grooving on being outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a sweet post! We had to put our lab of 14 years down last year and it it was so hard. Pups really are a part of the family. We now have a 2 year old lab and a 6 year old Maltese who are such a part of our lives. I know how she must feel, sending prayers to your family today.

    By the way, thanks for the tears now swelling up in my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this just breaks my heart! I see Diana hasn't posted on her blog in a while, so please tell her I'm so sorry for her loss!! I'm sure she is just beside herself right now.

    Our Yorkie, Daisy, will be 15 in June and I know our days are numbered. I got her after I moved out of my parents house. She has been with me through everything and even though I know it is coming, her passing will affect me deeply.

    ((((((Diana)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sorry for Diana's loss! :( I lost my cat Tiger (that I had since I was 5) several years ago. He made it until he was 16. I came home late at night to find him barely hanging on, but what I like to think was that he was waiting for me. He passed away in my arms about 20 minutes after I got home. It's so so hard losing a pet. My heart goes out to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Di..... Good things have to be coming our way, love. We put our sweet 17yr old retriever in Feb and it was awful. I'm so sorry and totally understand where you're at right now. I'm not very good with mushy but know that my love & prayers are with you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure do miss my Ami, sorry, I got something in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so sorry to hear about Ami! What a sweet little furry face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sis, for such a wonderful tribute to my little girl! I miss her fiercely and would give anything for one more day with her. 14 years just wasn't enough.

    Thank you everyone for sharing your stories and well wishes. It's comforting to know that we all love our fur-babies so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I am so sorry! She seemed to be a very sweet baby girl. I know it's hard but just think, she is having the time of her life right now.


    2. Wow! I had no idea that our favorite "Apple Pie Gal" was your sister! No wonder you are both so good, absolutely in the genes!

    Cassandra ♥

    ReplyDelete