Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Weekend in a Nutshell: A Birthday, RPM Italian and Mother's Day!

Happy Monday everyone! The kids and I are still recovering from a long weekend, but I wanted to make sure I recapped all the fun we had.

On Saturday, Eric celebrated is 35th birthday. We wanted to celebrate in style this year so we got all dressed up... 


And headed to the city. We made reservations for RPM Italian (Giuliana and Bill Rancic's restaurant) MONTHS ago but at the last minute, we were able to squeeze in my sis and brother-in-law! This was our first double date since BEFORE we had the kids!! It was long overdue :-)



To say that our meal at RPM was fantastic is an understatement. It was OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD! We were warned ahead of time by my girl Tonya that the portions were a bit small, so we compensated and ordered half the menu. Haha!

Eric and Kevin split their 38oz Prime Dry-Aged Bistecca Fiorentina Steak and just drooled over every last bite. Dana and I decided to share two pasta dishes and ordered Mama DePandi's Bucatini Pomodoro and the Main Lobster Ravioli. I honestly don't know which was better. We both ate every single bite and when no one was looking, I may have licked my plate. AMAZING!!!!!

We also mentioned to our waiter that it was Eric's birthday and after our meal was over they immediately brought this little plate of gelato cups with a candle.


So we sang our boy some happy birthday, and then dug into our gelato.


 I have a confession to make. I have NEVER tasted gelato until that night and it was so freaking good, I ordered myself a BIG bowl of their coconut gelato and almost died right there in my seat. The picture does it absolutely no justice, but let me just say...I would drive 45 minutes to the city JUST to get a bowl of this stuff again.


If any of you live in the area or are planning a trip to Chicago, I HIGHLY recommend making a reservation at RPM Italian. Service was outstanding, the food was incredible (just order enough to fill you up) and for God's Sake...ORDER SOME GELATO!!!


After a fabulous night in the city, it was SUPER hard to get my butt out of bed the next morning. But luckily...I had motivation. It was MOTHER'S DAY!! And we were hosting not one, but TWO meals at our house that day. First, we had brunch for my Mom and Grandma.


We ate a delicious meal, opened some gifts...




Did some cuddling...


And took a few cute pictures.


We realized yesterday that my Grandma has been a Mommy for 60 YEARS!!!!


Now that's really something to celebrate :-)

In between our two get togethers, Eric had the kids give me their sweet cards and gifts. I really wanted a cute picture with the two of them, but this was all I got. HA!!!


Aunt Meagan, Uncle Ryan and Owen were able to stop by yesterday too and I was so surprised and excited to see this little man CRAWLING!!


I tried so hard to take the kids picture together but Blake was nowhere to be found and Owen wanted nothing to do with sitting still. That boy was on the move!


And of course, both kids were SUPER excited to wrestle around with Uncle Ryan.


They were excited to see Aunt Meagan too, but she was busy giving me an AWESOME Mother's Day/Congrats on the new Business gift!!


Oh yeah...check it out friends. It's The Polka Dot Posie Mobile!! Now I can promote our shop everywhere we go...even in the preschool drop-off line! Such a creative idea!!!


It was such a gorgeous day outside and it made the perfect backdrop for a cute family picture...


Too bad my kids (and hubby) NEVER want to take family pics anymore. Oh well. I will force them at some point this summer :-)

So after our second round of visitors left, Blake waited patiently (with McQueen) for Mima and Papa Steve to arrive.


He was ready to dish out some kisses :-)


And do some more cuddling...



I had every intention of taking more pictures with my sis Dana and all the kids together but everyone was OVER my picture taking so I put the camera away and just enjoyed the beautiful evening. Eric smoked a brisket and it was just delicious!!! Then we all enjoyed some wine outside. What a perfect way to end a lovely Mother's Day :-)


I hope everyone else had a fantastic Mother's Day too!! Now it's back to reality today as we countdown our last two weeks of the school year!!! It's gonna be busy around here :-)

9 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had a wonderful time at RPM!! Now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not ordering the gelato!! Happy Belated Mother's Day!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful day with family! Love to Polka Dot Posie magnet for the back of your car!! What a great gift idea! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already told you this, but you're SO gorgeous (seriously one of the prettiest people I know) and I heart that picture of you and Eric at the beginning. What a nice looking couple! :) I'm so glad you guys had a lovely birthday dinner at RPM. We seriously must go one day. I'm drooling over your gelato...and pasta(s) so much that I've had to get a cloth to wipe the dribble.(TMI? Yeah, I thought so too...)

    I'm so happy you got to enjoy a relaxed Mother's day with your family. You deserve it! The pictures are super cute and I LOVE your Polka Dot Posie mobile advertisement. So awesome! Send me one for my car when I land back in VT ;) I'm determined to help your shop go viral by July. Let's do this thing!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful Mother's Day at the Davis house was had by all! So glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!!! You guys were quite the hot couple out on the town! And OMG toasted coconut Gelato is effing AMAZING!!! I had some Friday with my glass of wine before work. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no pictures of you licking your plate? jk that would have been over the top, but gelato looks to die for,if I can remember that name by tomorrow,gotta find some! glad you all had a HMD ME -I'M A WHINER ,MY BOYS ARE JUST SO BUSY,MAYBE THEY WILL REMEMBER NEXT YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go to there restaurant! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, you are seriously gorgeous! Love the photos, love the restaurant recap, love the polka dot posie and love that you had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend!! Speaking of gelato...do you want my Nutella Gelato recipe!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to Eric! You look GORGEOUS!! I hope I look half as good post-babies!

    ReplyDelete