Sunday, June 24, 2012

Our Weekend in a Nutshell: Movie in the Park, a First Date, A 60th Birthday Surprise and a Girl's Day!

Holy crap. Was that title long enough for you today? Ha! We really had one heck of a weekend and I didn't want to leave anything out :-)

Our weekend actually started on Thursday (which seems to be the case every week in the summer :-)

This Thursday, our town hosted Movie in the Park. They do this once a month but a lot of times, the movies aren't really appealing to our kids' ages. But this time...they had a VERY special movie planned. So all of us packed up our blankets and headed out to the park.


This guy was more excited than anyone, and you'll see why later :-)


Addie could really care less about the movie, she was just ready to chow on some popcorn and rope licorice. And so was I :-)


The only problem with seeing a movie in the park on the longest day of the year is that it takes FOREVER to get dark. Thank goodness the kids were so patient.


Our new town hall has the BEST set-up for movies in the park.



They are going to host Movie in the Park once a month this summer, and even though Ghostbusters will TOTALLY appeal to my dad and I...the kids won't really get into it. So I guess it's a good thing that Thursday night's feature was....drumbroll...CARS 2!!!!


Blake was beside himself with excitement.

For about 20 minutes. 

Then when his skittles ran out and the popcorn bag was empty...it was time to head home. I guess it's a good thing we've already seen this movie 6,897,321 times. 

So Thursday night was a success in my book. The kids were happy, we had a lot of fun, and the kids slept in the next day! Woohoo!

That was actually great for me because I had myself a little "first date" on Friday with my bloggy friend Nina. It was a long time coming and we had a FABULOUS lunch! But more on that Wednesday when we share our ridiculously funny vlog :-)


On Saturday, it was more family fun. My Aunt Kathy turned the big 6-0 and we all showed up for her surprise party!


She honestly had no idea this party was planned, and you can tell by her genuine hugs...


And tears of joy :-)


My cousins Jill and Scott through her a fabulous retro Beatles party.


Aren't these twinkie "yellow submarines" adorable?!!


My cousin Jill...


And my cousin Jeff...


Did a FABULOUS job with the party. And I am sure Ben helped a lot too :-)


It was great getting to see everybody that day, especially my cousin Scott's little peanut Natalie, who turned ONE two weeks ago :-)


And of course Addie was thrilled to see everyone and chat their ears off :-)


My Aunt Kathy got a ton of great gifts, including this Mini Grab & Go Camera Bag from The Polka Dot Posie. haha!


After gifts, it was time to dig into that beautiful cake. Too bad Jill used trick candles and it took FOREVER to blow them out :-)




Little Natalie didn't even wait. She just dove right into this coconut bar :-)


***

So it was hotter than shiz this weekend. I love summer...but seriously...this heat has got to let up some. Thank goodness the kids could care less about it. They just like being able to splash around in their pool all day :-)


In between all the fun this weekend, I was also able to squeeze in a very big run. We were all up at the crack of dawn today...


And managed to run 10 MILES!!!!

I know this is only 1 mile longer than my last long run, but to me this is a HUGE milestone. Double digits baby!!! And the foot felt great the entire time and still does tonight. I've had so many accomplished half-marathoners (Chelle) that have told me that if I can make it to 10 miles...I can make it to 13.

So we are on our way friends!!!! I am so excited and so proud of myself for making it this far. 

***

And finally...after a very long weekend...I got to have a little girls day with my mom and sis-in-law Meagan today. We headed to the city and stopped for a DELICIOUS lunch at Butcher and The Burger


Best. Hamburgers. EVER!!!!!!


After a fabulous lunch, we unbuttoned our pants and headed over to 1154 LILL Studio to design a purse!!!


The three of us bought an amazingly awesome Living Social deal for this purse shop back in March and we've been dying to get here to create something special. 

Jan had a seriously hard time committing to a bag. You know...considering she can MAKE everything that was in the store. Haha! But in the end, we all found something fabulous and we can't wait to get our goodies in 3 weeks :-)

We ended our little girls day with a delicious Coconut Frap from Strabucks. It was SUCH a fun day. I really don't know why we don't do that more often. Ladies...let's change that :-)

***

So that was our weekend in a nutshell friends. We have an INSANE week ahead filled with lots of fun and Addie starts summer camp tomorrow. WOOHOO! My little crafter can't wait to break out the glue and glitter. I better clear the fridge and stock up on magnets :-)

I hope you all had a great weekend too!!

1 comment:

  1. Hotter than SHIZ here too! :) and where was that Mani/pedi??

    ReplyDelete