Monday, June 4, 2012

Our Weekend in a Nutshell: A Recital, An 8-Mile Run & a WINNER!

Good morning, friends! I don't know about you, but I'm having a super hard time getting moving this morning. And it wasn't even that busy of a weekend, in comparison to some others we've had lately. It is a little gloomy here and I'm sure that plays a part. But it's nothing that a big ass cup of coffee won't cure!

So...here is what the Davis' were up to this weekend:

Addie's Dance Recital

This event deserves a post all it's own because this was a very big day for my baby girl. But until I get that together, here's a little sneak peak of the two most adorable little ballerinas ever:


I Ran 8 Freaking Miles

This weekend, I completed week 5 of my half marathon training. We were scheduled to run 8 miles and I was SCARED. TO. DEATH! This was the first time I was worried I wouldn't make the entire run. But I got a good nights sleep, it was a beautiful morning and I had a running buddy that had to run the same distance. Neither of us wanted to leave the other behind in a ditch, so we went for it! Our training app said we ran 8 mies but when we shut it off, we realized the GPS wasn't working and we actually ran 8.7!!!! I guess that means we will be ready for 9 miles this weekend!




My Dad Installed the Desk in my Office/Craft Room!

I SO want to give you guys a sneak peak at the office but I need to control myself and wait for the big reveal later this week. But let me just tell you friends...this desk is GORGEOUS!!!! I mean, not that I would expect anything less from my Dad but seriously...it is so beautiful. I can't wait to show you.

I Chose the WINNER of The Polka Dot Posie Giftcard


I really just can't thank you all enough for your amazingly sweet comments on my Blogiversary post. After I published that post, I felt a little sheepish...like I was begging for compliments on my blog. I'm so sorry if it seemed that way. I just know that with every blog I read, I have a list of favorite posts and I was just curious what the favorite posts were on my blog! You know...so I can keep them coming.

I tried to respond to all of your wonderful comments via e-mail, but if there were any of you that didn't get a response from me, it was only because your e-mail wasn't linked to your Google account. But really...thank you all SO MUCH!!!!!! If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...I have the best readers EVER!!! I heart you all.

So...without further ado, here is the winner of the $15 gift card to The Polka Dot Posie!!



Thanks again, friends! Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. congrat to the winner -have a fun time shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!!!!! :) I knew you could!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is your half!? I'm training for one as well but I'm only a 4miler right now and thinking about doubling that freaks me out! Haha Please do tell...

    ReplyDelete