Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stop & Smell the Roses {Week 18} A Vloggie Date

Happy Wednesday Guys!!! It's week 18 of


and I am VERY excited to be linking up with House of Rose today because there is a special vlog waiting for you over at Nina's Peace Love & Good Food!

She took the video and I snapped the pictures :-)

And because this is Stop & Smell the Roses... I just want to say how THANKFUL I am for having had the chance to sneak away for a fabulous girls lunch with this pretty lady.


This little meet-up was several months in the making it seems. Between busy schedules, my kids and the fact that Nina is MOVING this week...it was hard to coordinate things. But we finally made it happen and I am so glad we did!!!

Nina and I met at a halfway point between our two towns which landed us in Dwight, IL. SUPER small town that I've actually driven through a thousand times. I had always stopped there for gas or a quick drive through meal on my way to Central or Southern Illinois, but I had never really done my research to see what else this cute little town had to offer.

After chatting with some other friends and doing a little google search, I came across a fabulous place called The Country Mansion.


It was the PERFECT spot for our a sweet little outdoor lunch date.


Our food was delicious, our wine was perfect and you couldn't beat the company :-)



If you have ever had the privilege of meeting a blog or internet friend in real life, then you know just how exciting it is to finally sit down with them and have a real conversation. Nina and I learned so much about each other in the few short hours we spent at lunch and all it did was prove what I already knew...she is a total sweetheart and SO funny! As you will see from our silly vlog, we were like two little giggling school girls the whole time. Ha!

I am SO SO happy that her and I made this date happen before she heads off to Charlotte and I sincerely hope that there is another girls trip in our near future!!

Thanks for the great date honey!! You definitely made me smile this week :-)

NOW...before you head over and watch our video, bear in mind two things:

1. I was really, REALLY excited to be eating a meal without my kids.
2. I was drinking wine.
3. Did I mention I was excited?

I am so obnoxious in this video but Nina is a doll and it was all in good fun. Enjoy our little plug for Dwight, IL and The Country Mansion!!!

17 comments:

  1. Jen you were totally cracking me in the vlog! Don't forgot the .com :) Glad you had a great time! Yes, I agree, SSTR meetup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Jen I was so obnoxious! But thanks for saying that anyway :)

      Delete
  2. You two are way too cute! I think you'd be great to hang out with. Your personality just shines. The world needs more people with upbeat attitudes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks honey! I just sent you a tweet before coming on here and realizing it WAS you :) We need a meet-up one day too :)

      Delete
  3. AHHHHH! SO very jealous of your lunch date!! I am beyond excited that you guys filmed a short video together. You both are too darn cute! I only wish I was sitting in the chair next to you. Definitely need to plan a girls weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have said 4 times how we wished you were there!

      Delete
  4. So fun! I'm glad you and Nina got together! Ya'll are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you and Nina and Amanda will have your chance too!!

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous of you two!! Sounds like too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brit...we totally need to meet up when I visit Mandy this fall :)

      Delete
  6. I already oozed love for you two over on Nina's blog, but I'm happy to do it here too! hahaha! You two are so stinkin cute and I loved watching your vlog! It was 100% adorable! You're both so happy and giggly and that just made me smile the entire time! :)

    I love where you had your lunch date, it looks so gorgeous and peaceful! :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honey...I was such a dork. But Nina is a doll so she made up for it. Can't wait till we can do a vlog together!

      Delete
  7. :) I adored the vlog. Honestly. I'm in LOVE with you two! You both look so beautiful and I'm way beyond excited that you got to meet up! How awesome! Someday... All of ladies HAVE to get together. Maybe we could go on a lunch date during the day and then that night you ladies could all go out and have fun while I spend some time with the kiddos I see so much of on Instagram and LOVE so much :) Haha, a girl can dream! Take care lovey :) Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would all LOVE that Kenzie!!!! And we have been missing your pretty face around here. Get vlogging girl!

      Delete
  8. You were adorable in the vlog! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you honey! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. So I am just now getting around to watching this, but I know you will totally forgive me since, you know, 2 weeks until the wedding. I would love to get together with everyone. That would be so much fun. Nathan and I may be coming up to visit my parents later this year. My parents are from the same town as Mandy. I will let you know when and maybe you can come down to visit.

    ReplyDelete