Friday, July 13, 2012

The Pity Train



I've been totally guilty of riding the pity train this week. Eric has been working LONG hours and hasn't had a day off in 2 weeks. The kids have been exceptionally challenging this week, especially in the sleep department. The business has been busy which is wonderful...but I've struggled to find free time to get all my orders done. And since free time is spent working or running, my house has suffered. I've also completely sucked at blogging.

Whine, whine, whine...that's all I've done. And wine, wine, wine...that's all I've wanted to drink. Ha!

But the Pity Train stops here friends!!! Do you ever notice how much more exhausting it is to complain than to just suck it up and get the hell over it?

So Eric has to work overtime right now. At least he has a job! And a damn good one at that.

So my kids have been lunatics this week. At least they are healthy and have the ability to be good when they want to be :-)

So my house is a complete disaster. I can always clean it tomorrow. Or pay someone to do it.

So my free time has been taken up by a successful business and a half-marathon training schedule. You see...this is the point where I realized that I just need to shut the hell up with all the whining. 

NONE OF THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!! 

None of it. These aren't problems. These are simply inconveniences that make my day a little more challenging. Who cares.

So I apologize to everyone I've complained to this week. I am officially off my pity train and ready to start the weekend.

So...who wants to join me for wine-thirty??!!


12 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of this too. But, we are capable of seeing the bright side of things. That is a gift in and of itself! I'll be up for wine-thirty. It's only a six hour drive, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Jessica need to carpool and get your butts up here for some girl time!!!!

      Delete
  2. Awe wine-thirty! I would join you for beer-thirty ;) I mean if I left after work I could get there by midnight right??? Kidding, kidding. I love this post because I too have to say these exact things to myself when I start whining ridiculously. There is no better use than inconveniences. You said it best. Thank you for reminding me today that I also need to step back and realize things aren't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See post above that I left for Brooke. GIRLS WEEKEND!!

      Delete
  3. We ALL have our challenging days & regardless of if it is more or less challenging than others, it still makes for a tough day or moment at the time...sometimes the venting is what we have to do to stay sane or keep from losing it in the heat f he moment, so I understand! But I love your positive attitude & perspective on things, thanks for putting things into perspective...great reminder :) Wine sounds like a perfect plan, I cant wait to enjoy some tonight! Have a great weekend & happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally get me Bre! And I appreciate you being so sweet when Blake dumped my whole coffee at B&N. Haha! I am so sorry you had to witness all the chaos!! But you are right...venting does help a TON but I guess we all just reach a point where we realize that complaining isn't going to make the week better. Sooooo we drink instead. Haha! Just know you are always welcome for wine-thirty at my house :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh mama :) Thanks for listening to me bitch all week!!

      Delete
  5. LOL Dirty Bird Jan!!!!^^^^^^ She's sassy.
    My life coach said I need to be nicer and more tender with myself. Can I hop on the pity train now that you rode it hard and put it away wet? ;-) Outwardly I have a very 'suck it up, Buttercup' attitude with myself. But, internally I'm dwelling on negatives... I'm overweight, my house is messy(haven't done dishes in 3days, stanky!) and I need a new job. Those are my whines. Oh, and a baby. Duh. But, we all have these days/weeks/months. I am totally on a rollercoaster during this season of life. Things ARE hard. It DOES blow that your kids don't sleep for shit. It DOES blow to have a non-existent hubby for weeks on end. But, this is a season of life. Your kids will be more independent as the years go on. I will eventually find a career and have a family. But damn, sometimes I feel like I'm caught in a shit tornado.

    Please excuse my randomness... 2am after a glass of wine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Chels...THIS is why I love you so much!! Shit tornado...that's exactly what this week was. And I'm so sorry you are going through your own shit tornado. You are a smart, determined woman and I just know that your career and family will fall into place sooner than you think. And when you finally get it, you will be so much more appreciative than so many others because you remember all it took to get there. I love you girlfriend and I am ALWAYS here to talk when the shit tornado strikes again :)

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    I just wanted to leave you a comment to say that I love your blog. Your life and attitude to life completely inspires me. I've just finished a history degree at university in Belfast and also want to teach so your entries about teaching, what it means to you and how challenging it can be are amazing to read. But also the love you have for your family and children is so lovely to see, and it is everything I hope to have when I'm older, and lucky enough to fall in love and have children. You are such an inspiration, and your crafting skills are beyond belief. Finally, I stumbled across your blog by complete accident by hitting the next blog button, and your blog had be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Gosh...this may be one of the sweetest comments I have ever received!!! Honestly, you don't know how much it means after coming off a tough week where I feel like I failed at everything. Ha! It was really thoughtful of you to take the time to comment and I sincerely hope you stop back and visit again :)

      Delete