Friday, August 24, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Week 3 Check-In

Happy Friday Guys!!! Sorry this update is coming at you a little late in the day, but we were recovering from a great birthday celebration last night (see previous post) and I am just now getting the chance to check in.

So this was Week 3 of our 30 Day Challenge and I can honestly say that I am starting to see some results!! Now, my jeans and my red dress still don't fit as well I want, but I feel like I am getting stronger and I can tell a difference during my runs. On Sunday, I tackled 6 miles to start getting back into half marathon training and when I compare those 6 miles with the first 6-mile run we had back in May...I feel like a different person. I also ran my fastest 2-mile stretch on Wednesday and kept a pace of 9:01 per mile, which is super fast for me. Now if only I could keep that up for one more mile and I would beat my best 5K time ever!!! Something to shoot for :-)

So anyway, I had a great week of running. Before this challenge, I would always have at least one crappy run a week. Sometimes it was one of my short runs, sometimes it was my long run. But now that I have been cross training and doing some yoga, I don't feel as burnt out and I find myself looking forward to my runs again. And that, my friends, is how I know that this second half marathon will be better!!! I also have over 500 MILES under my belt now, which is a pretty fantastic feeling :-)


Even though I am feeling very accomplished this week in terms of my running, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was still a little frustrated that my clothes STILL aren't fitting the way that I thought they would by this point. But deep down I know why. It's the same problem I've always struggled with and will probably always struggle with. 

Food.

Or rather, self control when it comes to food. That is my biggest problem, especially when it comes to parties and nights out with Eric. For example, I could have easily had just one hotdog and a beer at the ball game we went to on Wednesday, but instead I had nachos and a HUGE slice of chocolate cake from the dessert cart. Did I also mention the cocktails I had, topped off with a shot of Bailey's in an edible chocolate cup?? Shit.

I just can't help myself!!!! And I know it's okay to indulge every once and in a while, but I go overboard and I have to try to work on this before the holidays come. Because seriously...once there are pumpkin muffins and gingerbread cookies floating around everywhere...I will be screwed. Ha!

But I am not gonna dwell on any of that. You ladies were so sweet and encouraging on my last post and I am going to do my best to focus on my accomplishments this week and end my 30 Day Challenge STRONG!!! No more excuses. No more complaining. No more chocolate cake.

So...how did everyone else do this week?

4 comments:

  1. Food is my problem too. I cant help myself. I'm a huge snacker. Sometimes I snack all day instead of eating meals. I need to break the cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girly, you are ROCKING the running!! :) So proud of you! And maybe your clothes aren't fitting EXACTLY as you hoped, but you look fantastic! Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to live vicariously through your running! I ran my first half before I got pregnant and would love to do it again. But the glorious feeling of sleeping instead of getting up at6am is winning out. Good luck, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 500 miles?! That's freaking awesome Jen!!

    I'm now on week 3 of the couch to 5K program & I thought I was gonna die when I saw that I was gonna have to jog for 3 minutes straight this week! Surprisingly though it wasn't that bad!! This was the first week that I've really felt challenged during my runs & that feels good! I actually woke up a little sore one morning, so I know that my body is getting a workout! :)

    ReplyDelete