Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So What Wednesday: Teacher Edition

It's that time again!!


So What If...

* I already have outfits for my first 4 weeks of teaching planned out.

* I am bummed that I have a full class. 25 students means 150 essays to grade this semester and less time to help each student individually. I will have to work some magic :-)

* My class starts in less than a week and my syllabus and lesson plans are STILL not complete. This is why...


* I have been pinning grade school and high school writing exercises to try with my college students (some of them are brilliant!)

* I get so excited the night before my first class that I usually can't sleep.

* I use the same icebreaker game every semester (It's Two Truths & a Lie. Best icebreaker EVER)

* I am one of the ONLY teachers excited to go back-to-school.

***

Tomorrow night is my faculty dinner and meeting and I can't wait to be back on campus!!! I was ready for summer to be here and the break was wonderful...but now I am ready to moonlight as an English teacher again. Fingers crossed I get another wonderful class this semester!!!

8 comments:

  1. That is the best icebreaker, love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ice breaker! Are you hanging up your daughter's artwork in your office? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you taught from home like online or something. I learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I'll have to follow you on Pinterest! I'm always looking for new writing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also vote for her artwork to be hung in public!! Love that polka dot worm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 25? I'm jealous. All mine are capped out at 32 and some have 33 or 34! Aghh!! Also, how do you play that icebreaker? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for you to call me! Hahaha! I would be excited to go back to school too. I know you know this, but you really have the best of both worlds. Getting to do something you love so much once a week is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a great ice breaker1 :) and you're making me miss college!! LOL

    ReplyDelete