Thursday, August 2, 2012

Toning it Up & A New 30 Day Fitness Challenge

There for a while, it felt like Eric and I were going to a wedding once a month. Sometimes 2 or 3 in one month. But for the last two years or so, it's just been LOTS of baby showers :-)

But now another round of our friends and family are getting ready to walk down the isle this fall and winter and I am really excited. I, for one, LOVE going to weddings. I love seeing the bride in her dress, I love watching the Father/Daughter dance, I love eating massive amounts of cake and yummy food. And best of all...I love getting to spend time with friends and family that I don't get to see often.

BUT...if there is one thing about weddings that I often dread, it's figuring out what to wear. When Eric and I were in our last wedding hot streak, I was either pregnant or post baby. Neither situation was great for finding a really cute dress. In fact, the process of looking for a dress was straight up miserable!! Especially post baby. The most awkward body stage of your life.

But now that I am about 2.5 years post baby, I am FINALLY in a size that makes me happy. A size I know I can maintain. So I went dress shopping not too long ago and scored the most beautiful dress for the most amazing price. It's this cute little Calvin Klein number from Macy's...



I love everything about this dress. The length, the style, the big ruffle. Ah! And it happens to run a little big so I had to buy it in a size that I seriously haven't worn since college. 

BUT...even though the dress fits me, there are some things I would really like to work on before the first wedding on September 8th. I need to SERIOUSLY tone up my arms...and what better girls to teach me how to do that then the TONE IT UP GIRLS!

I have been following these ladies for a while and LOVE all their workouts. It's just that I haven't actually been doing many of their workouts...just pinning them, printing them and saving them. Ha!

But now's the time to kick it into gear. I really need to do more strength training to get ready for my second half marathon and I really want some nice arms and a tight booty for my red dress. So...a few of the workouts I plan to start incorporating are...

The Lean Arms Pyramid


{via}

The Beautiful Booty Workout

{via}

The Bikini Body MAX BURN Pyramid
Tone it up pyramid
{via}

I plan to use this max burn pyramid on one of my run days each week and since it's only 15 minutes worth of running, I think I can handle it on the treadmill. Yeah for home fitness!

So that's my plan right now friends. I don't belong to a gym so I really like finding routines I can do at home and these girls have SO MANY to choose from. 

Now...because I tend to have a VERY hard time staying on track for workouts unless I have a specific goal or some workout buddies to share the experience with...I need to have a plan.

Would anyone like to join me for a 30 Day Challenge?? 

This challenge will be nothing specific. It would just be a commitment to do some sort of exercise for 30 days straight...even if it means just going for a long walk with a friend. I know several ladies doing the 30/300 ab challenge and a few who are doing the Couch 25K. This challenge could totally work with that too because like I said...it's just a commitment to do some sort of exercise each day.

Anyway interested? We could do check-ins with each other and maybe post once a week about it? We could share what workouts we've been doing and how we feel after them. And of course, maybe we could all do the dreaded before and after pictures??!! Yikes.

Just curious if anyone else is looking for a little workout push at the end of summer here. Those skinny jeans will feel a lot better with a nice firm booty right??

19 comments:

  1. I am absolutely down for a 30 day challenge! I bought a bridesmaid dress in March for a wedding in Sept and it doesn't fit anymore! I NEED to get my butt in gear and in shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you are in Katie!! I sent you a response e-mail so feel free to reply back and let me know if you want me to add you to the Facebook Page I just created for the challenge. If you don't use FB, when you can just follow along on the blog :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Great Katie!! JUst shoot me an email at adailydoseofdavis{at}gmail{dot}com and I will add you to the Facebook group if you'd like. Otherwise, you can certainly just follow along on the blog :-)

      Delete
  3. Ok Jen you twisted my arm! Just kidding. I've only been hitting the gym twice a week and keep telling myself I need to do more. When do you plan on starting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already replied to your email too, Jen! But if you want to be part of my Facebook group, just shoot me a message back and I'll add you :-)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh I never saw this. Will you add me to the FB page?

      Delete
  4. Love that dress!

    PS I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award:
    http://lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger_2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy!! And thank you for the nomination!!! I'll head over to your blog right now!! And like I told the girls above, let me know if you want to join the Facebook group! Otherwise, I will be updating here as well!

      Delete
  5. I'm in! I'm in a wedding in October and I need to work on the arms! Glad you're feeling better! Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Brooke!!! I'm glad you're in! I'll send you an e-mail shortly :-) Were gonna tone our arms girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you add me to the Facebook group? Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. Jen! Consider me in for the challenge! I'm doing that Max Bikini Burn first thing in the morning. Let's do this, girlfriend!

    PS- love, love, love the dress! Good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know this girls needs a challenge!! Count me in! Add me to Facebook, Steph Hightree! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 100% down for this! Just tell me what I have to do so I can join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the dress! Yesterday I was shopping for a dress for a wedding we're going to and almost bought the bright blue peplum dress by Calvin Klein! It fit perfectly and was very flattering...but not fancy enough for a wedding! Can't wait to continue the 30 day fitness challenge with you and everyone! Great idea to motivate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely in! I have some serious post-baby toning that I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that I'm pregnant, I have some serious workout envy. Seriously!! I'm going to have to flag this post and remind myself come November that THIS is what I need to do! :)

    ReplyDelete