Wednesday, September 26, 2012

90 Days to Christmas: Making a List...

So is everyone having fun following along with 100 Days to Christmas?!! I know I am and it's not too late for you to join in on fun! You can still download a copy of the ebook here and of course, you can always follow along on Twitter and Facebook too :-)

Today's 100 Days to Christmas challenge is to put together your "Cards to Send" list. ListPlanIt.com has a list available for download, but since I am creating all of my own holiday printables this year...I thought I would share the "Cards to Send" list I created!!


It coordinates with the other holiday printables I have done so far and you can download them all by heading over to ThePolkaDotPosie blog :-)

So...Christmas cards. 

What can I say? Sending and receiving Christmas cards is one of my FAVORITE parts of the season. I love seeing everyone's latest family picture and I ALWAYS keep all of my photo cards in a little memory box because it is so fun looking back at them.

But receiving is the easy part. Getting your own card together sometimes takes a LOT of work and preparation, especially if it requires getting a family picture. Between deciding on outfits, picking a location and getting your kids, pets or both to cooperate...it's an exhausting process!! And then once you have the picture, you still have to decide on a card and have them printed. By the time you actually get to sit down and address them...you are spent!

So...the GREAT thing about doing this task early is that when you do finally sit down to address those beautiful cards you put so muck work into...you will be ready to go with your list of recipients!

I don't know about you, but our list of recipients has changed a lot over the years. There is constant adding, deleting and updating going on so I have found it very helpful to create a new list each year. I first write in all of the friends, family and colleagues I plan to send one to and then I am left with plenty of space to add in any new friends or family we receive cards from throughout the season. That way, when I go to create next year's list, I will remember to add them in :-)

I know a lot of people prefer to keep their Christmas card list on a spreadsheet and we do have one for our electronic address book, but I still enjoy having an easy place to jot down names and get a simple count of how many cards I will need to order that year.

So that's today's challenge!!! Start making your Christmas card list and see what number you are up to! I started making mine and I am SHOCKED by how may cards I will have to order this year. Do you all send a card to every family, friend and colleague? Where do you cut down on your list and how do you decide who gets one and who does not? 

And I just have to ask...do you follow the "If you don't send me a card this year I'm taking you off my mailing list" rule???

1 comment:

  1. It depends. If it's family, no. If it's a friend, I will wait two years before I cross them off my list. My list has changed DRAMATICALLY as I've gotten older, so I'm always adding new ones as well.

    ReplyDelete