Thursday, September 6, 2012

Addie's First Day of K4 Preschool!

I can't believe that my BABY girl started her second year of preschool today!! Last year, I was a nervous freaking wreck for the first day of school. Would she cry? Would I? Would she go in by herself or cling to my leg? I had no idea what the day would be like.

But this year was very different. 

For one thing, Addie has been asking to go back to school for weeks. She has been counting the days on the calendar and whenever we would talk about her first day, she would run to her room and start picking out her outfit. There wasn't an ounce of fear in her. She couldn't wait to see her friends, meet her new teachers, and carry her cute little school bag that Nana helped her decorate (with rosie posies of course :)

So this morning, my little peanut was up bright and early. She had her pink dress on within minutes and aside from a minor freakout over which headband to wear, my girl was all smiles.


Ever since I became a Pinterest junkie, I have been coming across some really cute back-to-school signs that kids are holding. Some just have their grade, some share what they want to be when they grow up, etc. But because none were exactly what I wanted...I decided to stay up until freaking midnight last night making my own sign. But I have to say...it came out really cute!


I know this is a little late for most of you, but in case you want to save it for the future or for another sibling, you can download this little sign here.


Words can't express how WONDERFUL it is when your child loves going to school. To see them happy and excited and engaged in what they are learning is priceless. I can only hope that she has the same enthusiasm for years to come :-)

Happy first day of K4 Preschool Addie!! Daddy and I are so proud of you!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I may have to have Kaden take another "first day of school" picture with this sign! I hope her first day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie is so stinkin' adorable! I'm so glad she had a wonderful first day. That sweet girl is just PRECIOUS!

    And, great work on the sign Jen! You did an awesome job!

    Hope y'all are having a happy Saturday. :-)

    XO,
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Do you have a template that can be edited for a different grade level? If so, can you email it to me at ajscelia@hotmail.com?? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Addie looks ready for school. She is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete