Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Good Crazy

Life is so freaking crazy these days. 

SO. FREAKING. CRAZY. 

Half the time I don't know whether I am coming or going, or if I even showered or remembered to put on underwear. I fly by the seat of my pants, trying desperately to stay as organized, patient and in control as I can. Some days it works...some days it doesn't...and some days I totally lose my shit.

But I'm a Mom...so it's understandable. We all lose our shit from time to time. Having kids is a lot of work!! And my mom would probably tell you that at {almost} 32...I am still a pain in the ass most days and she too loses her shit from time to time. Ha!

Being a Mom earns you a daily ticket to ride the emotional roller coaster. In a matter of just a few hours, I can feel overjoyed, frustrated, loved, hated, defeated, proud, excited and bat shit crazy. My kids bring me more joy than I have ever know in my life...but good Lord...do they know how to push my buttons.

I honestly believe that is why God makes children so irresistibly adorable. Even after being kicked in the face and subjected to relentless crying/whining the day of our family photo shoot...I still look at these two sweet peanuts and just want to hug the shit out of them. I love them with every piece of my heart.


And then there's this guy. Howard. My first baby. My sweet, furry little buddy.


Well he's a pain in the ass too. I love him to death and so does Eric and the kids. I would do anything for him {and I HAVE done everything for him, including bringing him back from the dead twice}. But man...he knows how to push my buttons too. You know, like when you just shampoo your carpets and he decides to puke up the waffle the kids fed him an hour ago! Or like when it's midnight and you are finally getting into bed after a long day and he decides that he has to go out NOW! 

Sunday night was one of those nights. He woke Eric and I up 5 different times in the night to go out. I called him names and yelled at him to go to sleep. But then in the morning, I realized it was something more. Howie was sick and I spent all night yelling at him. So off to the vet we went today and as it turns out, he has a little infection in his colon and just has to take antibiotics. I was so happy that was all that was wrong with him because even though he makes me life that much crazier...I love him and wouldn't want it any other way.

*****

So I am learning to live with the fact that for the next 20+ years {or more} I am going to be a hot mess. I am going to be disorganized sometimes. Impatient some times. CRAZY sometimes. But if I surround myself with enough wonderful friends and family who love me for the hot mess that I am...I will get through it and learn to appreciate the fact that all this craziness is good. Having two healthy kids tearing up my house is GOOD crazy. Having a doggie that brings joy to our family is GOOD crazy. Having a successful business and teaching career is GOOD crazy. Everything in my life is GOOD crazy right now and I just need to remember that.

Thank you for that reminder today, Auntie Marie. Talking to you {and watching you play with the kids} was JUST what I needed. I love you bunches, sweetie :-)


Happy Tuesday friends, and thank you for reading my mommy ramblings :-)

13 comments:

  1. Sweet. We're all kinda crazy you know. I guess it's a good thing most of us crazies blog so the police can keep a good surveillance without us noticing :)

    I love your family photo-shoot by the way.

    It's a lot easier looking at others peoples family photos and thinking how cute they are because when I look at ours I remember hearing people say this through clenched smiley faces:

    "If you don't shut your mouth and sit down right now I am taking you out of here and you aren't going to like it!"

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra I mumbled the exact same words under my breath. I also threatened to take away toys, which resulted in more crying. Ahh...kids :-)

      Delete
  2. 1) It is 7:30 pm and I haven't brushed my teeth yet today. 2) I love that you said you want to hug the shit out of your kids. And 3) I hope we are still friends after #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah...we will always be friends. Your #1 happens once a week around here. I heart you and I would hug the shit out of you too if we lived closer :-)

      Delete
  3. Uh 20 years of hot mess...well maybe 30 for me. I need to mentally prepare!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom told me to be prepared to be a hot mess FOREVER!! Hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Oh and the family pic is fab!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks doll. It was time for an update. But I am glad we won't have to do that again for another year :-)

      Delete
  5. What a great family picture! We just had Logan's nine months pics and we took some family photos too! It's funny that you write this today cause I was skyping with my mom yesterday and now that Logan is on the move she got to see how I am chasing after him constantly now. I told her I am exhausted by the end of the day and we both said a "good exhausted" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! You're so right about flying by the seat of your pants. It's definitely the best thing in the world though!

    Love your family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your family photo is gorgeous but I am sure it wasn't easy to achieve. :) We did photos on the beach on our recent vacation and I finally just gave up. And we only have 1 to deal with right now. haha. Motherhood is hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So THIS is what you mean by an emotional roller coaster being a mom, huh?? :P I'm sure I'm in for one heck of a ride soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete