Monday, October 1, 2012

Project Pinterest: A Halloween Porch, A Happy Fall Treat & A New Hairstyle

Happy Monday friends!! It was a rather laid back weekend around the Davis household, which is how we like it sometimes :-) And because a laid back weekend=no pictures...I thought it was the perfect week to skip my "Weekend in a Nutshell" post and join AP over at I Love your More Thank Carrots for...


I think so many of us are guilty of spending hours on Pinterest pinning a million crafts, recipes, hair styles, outfits, DIY projects, etc. and then never actually following through. Well I have been on a mission lately to start creating and using the ideas I find on Pinterest so when AP decided to do this link-up...I thought what a perfect opportunity to show off what I've accomplished!

Project #1:

My very first Pinterest project on display is my Halloween front porch and BOO wreath! I've pinned a million fall front porches and I've taken bits and pieced of those ideas to create my own :-)


I think the piece that ties this whole porch together is my BOO wreath, which was inspired by this BOO wreath on Pinterest. I really loved all the polkadots I've seen for Halloween so I painted my letters Black and White polkadot, attached them to a plain black wreath and tied an orange and black polkadot bow on top. For less than $20, it turned out just the way I wanted :-)


Project #2:

The next Pinterest project was actually inspired by about 9,000 different pins. I am a HUGE fan of holiday treat bags. I've made them for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc. and this year, I wanted to give Addie's teachers a little "Thank You" treat for being so great, and I decided to put together a little "Happy Fall" bag.


All I did was fill a plain plastic treat bag with some fall colored candies {like Godiva's chocolate salted toffees...yum!}, as well as a pack of Starbucks VIA in Pumpkin Spice Latte. I then tied the bag with some cute ribbon and attached a "Happy Fall" topper that I made. If you would like to whip up a few treats of your own, you can download a sheet of 2 inch "Happy Fall" toppers here :-)

Project #3:

And finally, the last Pinterest project of the week was my hair. I found this adorable picture of Jennifer Garner after search for "side swept bangs" and I fell in love with the color and the cut. So I took the picture to my stylist, Stacy, and she totally nailed it!


3 Pinterest projects down...6,758 more to go :-)

15 comments:

  1. I love the fall decor!!! And you totally rock that hair style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking this pinterest stuff mama! LOVE your door decor! So pretty! And your hair looks FAB! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that boo wreath! So fun! And your new do is awesome. The bangs really highlight your face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to say how much I loved all your fall stuff- the wreath is awesome... But girl, YOUR HAIR looks awesome!!! I have been getting close to doing some side bangs again, especially since I have a lot of new hair re-growth after having my baby.

    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT ALL! No, seriously. I love your porch. I love your red door. I love your cornstalk and your mums (that sounds dirty...) and i LOVE that you included your hair pin! Seriously. Love it. And now that I've professed my love for you.... Errmm.. awkward city ;) No, really. Thank you fo linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the fall decorations!! AND I absolutely LOVE your hair! AND I am totally starting to follow you because I read about your running (and teared up a bit) because I am currently on my mission to run my first 5K! (The whole reason I started my blog last month!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair turned out so good! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hair! Like in love love, looks great! And so does the porch! We have that same sign on our fireplace (beware of little monsters) right now too! It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your spider pumpkin and Boo wreath! Your hair looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your new hair! It looks fab on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why are you so awesome? Can you just explain that to all of your blog readers?

    Sooo to sum up my responses on your awesomeness today...

    I love your BOO wreath adorable!

    I love your porch! I just love fall colors and these are definately the perfect blend.

    I love your HAIR!! Your stylist nailed it! It really complements your face shape. (Not that you need anything else to make you look beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely ADORE all of your Halloween decor

    I would love it if you'd link this up to The Pinspiration Project! :)

    http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-pinspiration-project-linky-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your front porch!! Now, if only I still lived in IL so that I could come knock on your door. And then you could teach me how to use the curling iron like you did in your family pic. I LOVE your dark hair. And your Boo wreath. And your fall treat bags. And you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects! Love, love, love your hair. Now you're making me want bangs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hair!! Your fall decor looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete