Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stop & Smell the Roses: Halloween Edition

I know the point of Stop & Smell the Roses is to VLOG, but this mama couldn't make that happen this week. AGAIN!! But I do have a lot to be smiling about on this BEAUTIFUL Halloween day, so I thought I would link-up anyway :-)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Halloween? Next to Christmas...it's my favorite holiday, especially now that I have kiddies to share the day with. We have a lot of fun little things planned today and they are ALL making me smile.


1. I am smiling about going to Addie's preschool today for their Noah's Arc Pajama Party and watching the kids sing their "October" song :-)

2. I am smiling about the pumpkins we carved this week and being able to light them for the first time.

3. I am smiling about Blake and his hit-or-miss attitude when it comes to dressing up.

4. I am smiling about Addie, who has decide to be Snow White tonight because she's already been Ariel twice this month.

5. I am smiling about the pizza we are going to order because there is simply no time to cook today.

6. I am smiling about the Halloween cupcakes we made for Addie's teachers and our mailman Jim.

7. I am smiling about all the Halloween cupcakes I saved for us tonight :-)

8. I am smiling about these two kiddies and how EXCITED they are to trick-or-treat.


9. I am smiling about Nia, Nolan and Owen and seeing their happy faces today {even if it's just through FaceTime}.

10. And finally, I am smiling about my blessings. The fact that we are all healthy, happy and able to dress up and have a fun Halloween. So many people in our country are dealing with aftermath of Sandy and their Halloweens will not be the same this year. I don't want to take for granted how lucky we are.

So what are all of you smiling about this Halloween??!! Link up with House of Rose and join in on the fun!!




6 comments:

  1. Amen to that last one!! I'm so saddened by the devastation on the East Coast & for all the kids that won't have a traditional Halloween as a result of the storm!!

    Have a great time with your kiddos tonight!! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lots to smile about! I'm hoping Logan will put on his costume tonight. So far I have not been lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so cute! It sounds as though you'll have a happy Halloween with all the things you've got planned today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw the pic of Addie you posted on FB and OMG she is gorgeous! JEN...for real...she is so so pretty! And you know I love the Blakester! Let's both cross our fingers that our men will cooperate this evening! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is the first time I've read your blog. You have adorable kids!! A lot of the things you're smiling about are the same things I'm smiling about in October too. I love reading other moms with young children. Nice to "meet" you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween!!! I saw pictures of your kiddies on FB/IG... They. Are. Precious. I love those two! Hope they had a fabulous night!

    ReplyDelete