Friday, November 16, 2012

Fitness Friday: Baked Chicken Parm & The Holiday Hotties Series

Happy Friday friends! It's already that time again!!



So can we just talk about how AWESOME this week has been in the eating department around here? I have really, really slacked off when it comes to working out but I like to think it's because I have just been so focused on getting our new eating habits down :-)

I am happy to say that we only had fast food ONE time this week because I had a certain little girl beg me with her big hazel eyes to get Portillos hotdogs for lunch. We were pressed for time, I really wanted a chopped salad and Portillos was literally right there. So we got it.

BUT...that was the ONLY time we had something to eat outside of the house ALL WEEK!! I just can't explain how huge this is for our family. We did have a birthday party one night and we had dinner at my SIL's house on Wednesday. BUT STILL! All the other nights I cooked at home and I couldn't be more proud of myself for making it happen.

I also tried a new recipe this week that was a HUGE success. We tried Skinny Taste's Baked Chicken Parmesan.


Holy deliciousness.

This is definitely my kind of healthy eating. And the fact that Eric cleaned his plate and told me it was "awesome" is just icing on the cake. The kids ate the chicken too, although Blake mostly scarfed the noodles. He is such a carb hound :-)

I will definitely be adding this recipe to my monthly rotation.

And speaking of monthly/weekly meal planning...

I know I said I was going to share my menu with you guys and I did spend quite a bit of time sitting down with my calendar trying to plan things out. But the truth is...eating at home (or at a party/family get together) will be a lot easier the next 6 weeks because we have a MILLION commitments. It's looking like I will only have to cook 3-4 nights a week and I am sure at least one or two of those nights will be leftovers. So unfortunately, I don't have some beautiful, strategically planned menu to share with you. I think I will save this for January when we literally have nothing on our calendar :-)

So did anyone else make any great changes in the eating department this week? Try any new recipes? 

How about workouts?

I know I've already admitted to being a pretty big slacker this week, but I have managed a few smaller workouts from the Tone it Up Girls Holiday Hottie Series.


Their workouts are so easy to do anywhere, even if you are pressed for time. I also love that this series is all about getting healthy now, instead of waiting until AFTER the holidays to start. They also have an app now that I highly recommend. Tons of great, easy workouts on the go. I love these girls :-)

So back to my issue about not working out this week. Ha! For me...I feel like my lack of motivation comes from the weather. I can't explain how much I MISS my outdoor runs. The weather has still been pretty decent here, but considering it's dark out when Eric leaves for work and typically dark when he gets home...my opportunity for outdoor runs is slim these days. I just have to form a new relationship with my treadmill. Boo!!

Well that's all I have for today friends!! Gonna stop complaining about not working out and actually GO workout!

I hope you all have a very healthy and productive week!

7 comments:

  1. You did so good this week! We've done better, too. I have eaten out for lunch, but as a family, we've eaten at home each night except for last night when I had a ladies dinner at our church. I want to try this chicken parm. It looks delicious and easy! I know you've talked about the Tone It Up Girls before and I always plan on looking at them, but haven't yet. I need to now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna you SO NEED to check out the Tone it Up girls. I think you would love them. Glad you guys had a successful week of eating too!! We are on our way girlfriend!!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you tried the chicken parm - now I need to make ASAP :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH for suggesting it Vicki!!!

      Delete
  3. Good for you on the healthy eating! I was missing outdoor running this week too...wish it could stay light just an hour longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Samantha!! I just need like one more hour!! But I did manage to get out this morning and it made me appreciate it that much more :-) Hope you get a run in this weekend too!!

      Delete
    2. Sorry...that was me...not "UnKnown" :-)

      Delete