Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our Turkey Day Menu

I can't explain how EXCITED I am to be hosting Thanksgiving for my family again this year!! As nice as it was to have a year off, I missed putting out my cute table cloth and spending some quality time with Eric in the kitchen. He is the master of the deep fried turkey, and in the past, I have relied on my sis-in-law Di to help me with the oven turkey. BUT THIS YEAR...I am going to give this bird a go. Alone. {except for all the innards. Eric will have to remove those. End of story}.

But I really want to try this one on my own this year and with any luck, my bird will come out looking half as good as the recipe's picture.



As much as I love a piece of juice turkey on Thanksgiving, what I get REALLY excited about are the sides. I've always been this way...even as a little kid. And if there is one side that totally takes me back to my childhood...it's my mom's veggie casserole. It's not a secret recipe or anything {in fact, you can find the recipe a million places} but for some reason...it always tastes better when she makes it :-)


Colorful Veggie Bake Recipe

In addition to my mom's veggie casserole, we all also be enjoying some stuffing {Eric wants to make it...and who am I to argue}, my sis-in-law Di's mashed potatoes, my mom's sweet potatoes, my Grandma's pumpkin pie and a few other Pinterest-worthy desserts made by my sis-in-law Meg. And of course, no dinner is complete without fresh rolls, but this year I want to make my FAVORITE garlic herb butter. I got the recipe from a Martha Stewart Living magazine years ago and make it all the time. It's so easy and delicious.

Warm rolls and Garlic Herb Butter


And finally, because there will be some time for visiting before our meal, I wanted to make just one appetizer to munch on. I have been wanting to make this caramelized onion, Gruyere and bacon spread since I pinned it months ago. YUM!!!!!

Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Spread

So...what's going to be on your Thanksgiving table this year? Any family favorite recipes that are a must?

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, I posted my additions to the Thanksgiving table today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can the boys and I come celebrate Thanksgiving with you?? Thanks! John has to work so I won't be cooking a big meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete